_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bulldog w/ barracuda nets
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 06:33 PM UTC
Today I found this photo on the web. This is Cromwell model in 1/76 scale:

Do You know where I can find more photos of Bulldog with barracuda cover? What is the box on the back of vehicle? What is mounted to the top sides of it? Looks like lights. Where can I find scale drawings of it?
Thanks in advance
Michal
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 12:41 PM UTC
Gordon Brown of Cromwell Models now ONLY does 1/72nd Models, which are limited production & hard to get hold of, (health issues)

Some, but not all, of his superb 1/35th masters went to Castoff Models, but are as hard to find as Cromwell was (health issues again)
http://www.scalelink.co.uk had some as did Hannants, but SFAIK there has been no new production for a good while.

Cromwell did produce a 1/72nd (dated 2008) and 1/35th FV432 MK3 Bulldog both reviewed on MilMod.

SFAIK (!) these are still the only Barracuda covered FV432's available as a kit.

TACOM do a 1/35th FV432 MK3 Bulldog, Alan Brown of Leicester Modellers reviewed it here with no Barracuda.

If my understanding is correct, the Barracuda covering is a Thermal shield, to reduce thermal signitures & may also help with reducing heat build up.

The Tacom kit doesn't include the interior, but they ran buttoned up when on patrol, as otherwise the air con wouldn't work...
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:07 PM UTC
Jon,
Thanks for Your post. I received Takom's Bulldog as X-mas present. But I'd like to avoid just building it straight from a box. Then I found photos of Cromwell kit. And therefore I post my message: I'd like to add at least Barracuda to Takom's kit. And I'm looking for source photos.
Michal
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:33 PM UTC
Problem solved. Thanks to Google I've found what I was looking for.
 _GOTOTOP