Modern T-72 ?'s
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 481 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 06:29 AM UTC
Hey all

Hope Christmas was good to everyone, and excites about new year. I am!! So I've been away about a year and just coming back to hobby and have a ? Or two. First is I am looking to build this T-72 tank I believe it is an A or M1. And my kit turret is completely wrong. Is there an aftermarket kit for this turret. And if so can someone guide me thanks a lot.

Eugene.

linkname
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 07:02 AM UTC
Hi;

There are quite A number of kit's for building the T-72; If you are just thinking of the M1 then Trumpeter mite be one to look at. As for AM Turret's; Which kit are you looking to replace with A AM Turret, if it's lets say Tamiya, then you could go with Miniarm, SBS, JS, and A couple of other's ! FYI; It would Help if you stated as to which kit you are working with.

CHEERS; MIKE.
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:08 AM UTC
I wonder why my pics didn't show hmm.
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 04:44 AM UTC
Ok I think I figured it out. This is the turret I'm looking for for my builds,but can't find it where to look can you all help.?

And for my second build this one.

grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:58 AM UTC
Hi;

I Think your best bet is SBS M1 Turret; Victory Models would be my first choice, but you mite have to mail order it. If you Type In T-72 1/35 on e-bay models & kits you should get Ten (10) pages of T-72 related items !

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 07:07 AM UTC
Thanks grunt i am grunt as well. I tried ebay. And nothing.

I don't even know the variant of tank. I think it's an A. But the A turret I've seen is nothing like this. Here is a better picture of what I'm looking for. I saw one close but it has some depressions on top of turret near the cheeks. But this is what I'm in need of.

scubatwo
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:31 AM UTC
Looks very similar to the mine roller attachment points as seen on a T-55
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 09:28 AM UTC
Hi;

In Essence what you are looking at is the M1 Turret with Anti-Radiation Cladding on the top of the turret, also the Glassis plate is without the added extra armor that was added in upgrades later on in the re-build program ! It mite Help you if you Study the Blogs by JD on How to model the T-72 and try and Ident, the Mk; in question !! The T-72s went thru so many changes in upgrades that its nearly Impossible to keep track of different Mks;

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:21 AM UTC
Where do I find this JD Blog i googled and came up with a lot of other stuff. I have seen in my ref. Picks I've been gathering. I have seen both armor on and off the top part. And underside has had 4 and 8 or those Bolt holders. So basically there isn't a kit or Turret that has that anti rad coating?
barrowb98
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:59 AM UTC
The B&W pic is a late A with Nadboy anti-radiation cladding. Trumpeter just announced a T-72A Model 1983 that should be this version. You can tell it’s an A because the mine plow attachment lugs are mounted directly on the hull. The color pics are T-72M1, you can tell they’re M1 because the lugs are poking through holes in appliqué armor.From a modeling standpoint A and M1 turrets are more or less the same. M1 is the export version of A. If you saw a turret with depressions in the cheeks that’s a B.

Miniarm’s A with Nadboy turret leaving off the late pattern smoke grenade cluster plus Tamiya hull would get you pretty close to the green one. Just need late pattern mudguards. The tan one would take a bit more work like I said in the other thread.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:29 AM UTC
Hi;

You are already on the Russo/Soviet Forum with the same Post ! And if you look at the How To section you see Jacques as Hosting the site; You can also use the Search feature at the Top of the page and just type in what you are looking for. ie; T-72 Turrets !! Jacques is our resident Russian expert and is our most knowledgeable person on the Russian MBTs !!

CHEERS; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP