_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
D-10T in MiniArt T-54/55’s...
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 01:44 AM UTC
Is it just me or does the main gun just look “wrong” especially at the mantlet end? Has anyone tried replacing it with the Aber or Defmodel aftermarket barrels?

Thanks,
Andy
Rimfireroscoe
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 04:00 AM UTC
Don’t have the kit but if you mean the cover over the mantle (assuming there are both ) from what I can see online from kit images and from real tank images online looks about right

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2016/05/video-preview-miniarts-t-54b-soviet.html#more

Think I see what you mean - the barrel diameter should be thinner the flare out to the mantle for the last 2foot or so. Kit one looks to get wider from the fume extractor
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 05:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don’t have the kit but if you mean the cover over the mantle (assuming there are both ) from what I can see online from kit images and from real tank images online looks about right

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2016/05/video-preview-miniarts-t-54b-soviet.html#more

Think I see what you mean - the barrel diameter should be thinner the flare out to the mantle for the last 2foot or so. Kit one looks to get wider from the fume extractor

Thanks for the reply, yes, that’s what I was thinking, the barrel looks too thick as it nears mantlet and the flare out is almost unnoticeable compared to photos.
barrowb98
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 05:36 AM UTC
I believe it’s been fixed on the T-55 & T-55A boxings. I’ve got an Aber for Takom on the way I’ll see how it compares.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:04 AM UTC
I have the DEF and RB barrels, I got them to use on the Miniart T-54/55's. I have not tried them yet, and I believe both were made for the Tamiya T-55 so might need a little help to fit. Both are much better than the kit barrel.

I do not have an Aber barrel to compare.
Rimfireroscoe
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:57 PM UTC
Well if that is all the issues there is that’s fine by me.
 _GOTOTOP