_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Assault Models SAW gunner 16004
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 01:00 AM UTC
this figure arrived in the post ex hobbyeasy, and I must say it is great. A quick look in the small box, it is a quarter the size of Legends’ Seal box, gives you a complete head with helmet, the torso with right arm, a left arm sans hand, the SAW with that hand, a single piece casting of both legs, two pouches to attach to the figure, and some small fittings for the SAW.

Overall I’m very satisfied with the figure, and would buy another. I will say that the figure demonstrates the potential and the pitfalls of 3D scan and print... the detail is sharp and crisp in places, but indistinguishable in others and I was wondering what I was looking at. Thankfully not in places that count.

I’m away for the rest of the week, and post images once back if anyone is interested.

Kylie
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 01:12 PM UTC
I reviewed that figure in 1/35 scale and was looking forward to seeing it in larger scale. It is a great figure and an interesting pose, an impressive example of 3D technology. I do agree on some details being a bit blurry though, the neck/head attachment area comes to mind.

Mario
 _GOTOTOP