_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Russian T-80UD MBT 09527 - When???
iam2brb
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 136 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2018 - 07:14 PM UTC
Anyone know when the T-80U version will debut in Trumpeter's line? I have seem the Zvezda and am considerably less than impressed.

Trumpeter Product Link:
http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=3118&l=en

Any ideas when it will debut, especially here in the US???

Thanks!
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 02:41 AM UTC
Hi;

March, April Maybe; Or even six months, there is no given date on anything coming out of Trumpeter ! They have so-many releases that its only A guessing game. I'm also anxious about the BMOT. So I am gathering as much research material as I can get.

CHEERS; MIKE.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 06:33 PM UTC
Looking at the releases from Trumpeter-the ones from November still haven't come out yet, like the US M270 MLRS.
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 08:51 PM UTC
Waiting for this one for years now...
Hellrabbit
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:20 PM UTC
Feb. before or After Chinese New year.
th_berlin
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:22 PM UTC
Hi,

on the Trumpeter site (not facebook, but the link iam2brb posted) it says it was out in December 2017. So that kit definitely IS in production since then.

But the availability date stated is the production start for China...

As far as I have experienced here in Germany it normally takes about 6 to 8 weeks more until new trumpeter kits are available, so it might appear in shops by early/mid February, due to the fact that the containers with the kit's are "SHIPped" literally. After the containers arrived in Europe, then customs and delivery from the harbour to the distributor and from there to the LHS take probably another 2 weeks (especially here in Germany where all those "evil symbols" of the Third Reach have to be erased from the kits before they may be sold...)

I suppose it might take a similar time for delivery in the US.

Cheers
Thomas

RussianArmor
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 96 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

on the Trumpeter site (not facebook, but the link iam2brb posted) it says it was out in December 2017. So that kit definitely IS in production since then.

But the availability date stated is the production start for China...

As far as I have experienced here in Germany it normally takes about 6 to 8 weeks more until new trumpeter kits are available, so it might appear in shops by early/mid February, due to the fact that the containers with the kit's are "SHIPped" literally. After the containers arrived in Europe, then customs and delivery from the harbour to the distributor and from there to the LHS take probably another 2 weeks (especially here in Germany where all those "evil symbols" of the Third Reach have to be erased from the kits before they may be sold...)

I suppose it might take a similar time for delivery in the US.

Cheers
Thomas

What I've seen here is that it's about 2 months from when it's announced as "available" until I can order it from a stateside store. For example, the THAAD was announced as "released" back around the end of November, and I was able to purchase it last week from Megahobby.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:59 PM UTC
Preorder, here:
https://hlj.com/product/TRP09527/Mil?utm_source=Scalemates&utm_medium=Scalemates+Product+Feed&utm_campaign=Scalemates+Product+Feed
~$72 and shipping is not bad. I have ordered from them, before; and received the order, within 2.5 weeks.
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 04:28 AM UTC
I'm going to wait and see if Meng do one. Every Trumpeter kit I do I vow will be the last Trumpeter kit I do.

But I'll be sorely tempted.
aleluya
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm going to wait and see if Meng do one. Every Trumpeter kit I do I vow will be the last Trumpeter kit I do.

But I'll be sorely tempted.

They don't have expert on T-80U. Gur khan attack is only good at T-72 but also not the best on T-72. Some Russian said on their forum that seems Trumpeter got some drawings from them and it will be nice to see the final product.
 _GOTOTOP