Hosted by Darren Baker
Colour on Canadian leopard 2a4 barracuda
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 04:26 AM UTC
Hi, i have just ordered the Psm leopard 2a4 barracuda version and the leopard 2 mine roller for it.. So i wounder does anyone know what colour it is on the tank where it's no barracuda net? Nato green ? What colour can i use on the barracuda net? Sand ? Is it always with brown pattern on the net, as some looks only sand colour or is that only because of the dust?

What colour is the mine roller? Only nato green? Slat armour? Sandcolour?

Is there any special canadian stuff out that i can put on the tank?
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 05:44 AM UTC
The tank is painted CARC green overall.

You can use sand/tan or buff for the base coat of the Barracuda...weathering will alter that to what you desire. There is a dark brown pattern throughout the Barracuda panels. With heavy dust it fades into the tan colour of the Barracuda very well.

The mine rollers will be CARC green...and heavily weathered and faded.

The slat armour on the 2A4M CANs was CARC tan so the same base colour for the Barracuda will work fine.

"Special Canadian Stuff"...water bottles, ration boxes, cooler, cots...stowed at the turret rear. The crews on the 2A4M CANs in Afghanistan used the barrel cleaning staves or lengths of 2x4 wood to create a shelf between the slat armour so they could stow kit. Some also attached a stretcher to the rear of the turret slat armour and 25mm ammunition boxes to the rear and sides of the turret slat.

This is a very good book for you to reference from...

https://www.tankograd.com/cms/website.php?id=/en/Leopard-2A4M-CAN-Kanadischer-Kampfpanzer.htm

I am currently building the PSM Canadian Leopard 2A4M CAN conversion so PM me if you need any information on the build.

Good luck with your project!
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 10:40 AM UTC
Many thanks for all the help Jason.
 _GOTOTOP