_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Panther G Late
MikeWolfe
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 - 08:41 PM UTC
Hello. I've started building Dragons Panther G Late and was wondering if I have to glue the end of the torsion bar that fits into the square opening. And do I have to remove the small tab that is on the swing arm, it's hitting another small tab on the outside of the hull, seems like it's hindering the swing of the arm. For some reason this is very confusing to me, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:27 PM UTC
Removing those parts is only necessary if you want to make the suspension sort of workable, but it doesn't quite work as the plastic torsion bars aren't really strong enough. It really helps with posing it in a diorama with uneven ground in my experience.

If you don't glue the end, the assembly will slide out.

YMMV
MikeWolfe
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:31 PM UTC
Thanks Shell. So I should remove the two tabs, one on the swingarm and the one on the hull? Would like to try and pose this on a set of railroad tracks. Thank you for the help, greatly appreciated.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 - 11:45 PM UTC
To be honest, I only did it to one of my kits and don't recall if I cut one or both, but I do know you may have to hide some kind of support under the hull to keep it from settling to its lowest point since the plastic doesn't have the strength to hold the tank up the way real torsion bars would. It will end up looking like all the shock absorbers are dead.
MikeWolfe
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 08:30 PM UTC
Thanks again Shell. I guess I will just leave it alone. I appreciate the quick response and the help.
Walleye2112
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 11:54 PM UTC
I'm building the same kit and was just getting ready to begin the suspension and was wondering the same exact question. Thanks for the guideance.
 _GOTOTOP