_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Masterbox Spaceport Series 1/24 scale
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 04:45 PM UTC
Almost out of thin air, Masterbox announced and now on catalog a series of 1/24 scale Scifi figures. Humans, robots, and alien creatures in a spaceport facility. Interesting that MB has for the first time background stories of the characters.

http://www.mbltd.info/24031.htm

Are there an 1/24 scale spaceships out? :-))
kefran
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 87 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 08:07 PM UTC
can't wait to work on this serie !
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 10:27 PM UTC
Hope MB re-scale these to 1/35, like they did with their pin-up series. More dio possibilities in 1/35 scale. Also a set of futuristic soldiers, or "space marines", would be very nice.
truenorth
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 10:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Almost out of thin air, Masterbox announced and now on catalog a series of 1/24 scale Scifi figures. Humans, robots, and alien creatures in a spaceport facility. Interesting that MB has for the first time background stories of the characters.

Hasegawa (and some others, I believe) have a 1/20 scale series of Maschinen Krieger vehicles and robots. I don't know anything about the backstory but it seems to be popular in Japan.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 11:27 PM UTC
Was more thinking about a Millenium Falcon type freighter or something.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:07 AM UTC
Finally! Do you know how hard and long some people have waited for futuristic Sci-Fi figures like these? They exist in resin and white metal, but hardly anyone took the risk to make plastic futuristic Sci-Fi figures that aren't post-WW2 or post-apocalyptic.

I really like the 1/24 scale because 1/35 is too small to see any details once painted.

Kudos to Masterbox!
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 09:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Finally! Do you know how hard and long some people have waited for futuristic Sci-Fi figures like these? They exist in resin and white metal, but hardly anyone took the risk to make plastic futuristic Sci-Fi figures that aren't post-WW2 or post-apocalyptic.

I really like the 1/24 scale because 1/35 is too small to see any details once painted.

Kudos to Masterbox!

When I am at the Nuremberg Toy Fair,I will visit Masterbox booth. I learned they listen to suggestions, so I can forward the ideas.

1/24 scale figures seem to be a new trend, can be kitbashed with Preiser figures.
Preiser figures.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 09:32 PM UTC
Really like these! It is way past time for some multi-pose mix and match sci-fi figs.
I'm in for a couple of boxes, even if I have nothing else in the scale to work them with.

It would be great if they were in 1/20th to go with the SF3D/MaK stuff, but these figs do not fit the canon 'history' of that world very well.

The ancient and oop Phoebus kits were also in 1/24th, but were animal based mechs, armored troops, and alien power suits. There was not much of a civilian story line to go along with them either. I just wish I'd gotten my hands on more before the designer passed.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 09:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Was more thinking about a Millenium Falcon type freighter or something.

Do you have a film studio to put it in?

1/24 is a decent compromise as you could use 1/24 cars, 1/20 sfd and 1/18 scale toy accessories. (Not figures, but scenic stuff from toys could be used the extra size making it more "EPIC ") But then many Star Wars toys are underscale.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 09:52 PM UTC
Would be interesting to see if MB also releases the "Government Special Forces" they mention on the boxtext?
wowcool
Visit this Community
Solomon Islands
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 - 06:22 PM UTC
The product samples on the website appear to be paintings, not the actual plastic.

I believe the scale carried over from MB's car pinup series, all other sci-fi and fantasy figures were in the same 1/24 scale. There's also a practical reason to that: you need a larger scale to pull off better sculpts in injecton plastic.

One concern I've had with MB's pinup series is how they turn out off-model from the box art, especially the faces.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 - 08:41 PM UTC
Sure beats the heck out of the Jimmy Flintstone figs. Could there be an AMT car in 2018 for me to build ?!?!!
Nice work Master Box !
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 - 09:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

One concern I've had with MB's pinup series is how they turn out off-model from the box art, especially the faces.

Agreed. It's slightly misleading as the box cover art makes the kits look a lot better than they actually are. You just have to be a very good painter.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 03:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hasegawa (and some others, I believe) have a 1/20 scale series of Maschinen Krieger vehicles and robots. I don't know anything about the backstory but it seems to be popular in Japan.

It's based on an old sci fi series that used to run in the Hobby Japan magazine. Nitto, alhough they made horrible armour kits, had the license rights and made some really nice MK kits in 1/20, 1/35, 1/76 and 1/9 scale. Hasegawa later picked up the license and released them. Bandai makes some really nice 1/35 stuff too, mostly Gundam stuff. Easily some of the best 1/35 figures on the market.
 _GOTOTOP