_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
HP-CS Nozzle Cap Issue
Brianlee
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 12:19 AM UTC
Hey guys --- noticed my airbrush was not getting much flow and getting stuck if you will. I also noticed that when cleaning and backflushing, the seal would foam a bit?? hand tightening helped.

But now, even after full ultrasonic dleaning, as soon as I put the nozzlecap on it kills the airflow --- as you unscrew it, its starts to let air out???

I'm somewhat new to airbrushing but have even tried changing the nozzle and the needle and same thing.
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 07:19 PM UTC
Brian, you do mean the nozzle cap, or just nozzle?

The nozzle cap is just a dome with a hole in it that the needle should poke through when it is all assembled. Presumably you can see the needle tip when it is all assembled, and you can see daylight through the hole in the nozzle cap when it is off the airbrush?

With the nozzle out, can you slide the needle right through the barrel of the a/b easily, like push it in from the back and all the way through?

When you assemble it, you put the nozzle on first, tighten gently, then put the nozzle cap on, tighten gently, then the end cap, tighten gently, and only then put the needle in and only push it very gently until it seats with the nozzle then tighten the needle? Nothing needs to be tightened up with tools!

That bubbling when backwashing is pretty normal I think.

Ultrasonic cleaning... how far did you strip it down to do this? What made you feel you had to do it at all? I'm not accusing you of making a mistake just wondering if you damaged something, forgot to reassemble something etc.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 07:33 PM UTC
YouTube clip showing re-assembly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QURv1Xg0OtI just in case ....

Reference diagram to facilitate the discussion:

/ Robin
Brianlee
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 - 11:38 AM UTC
Update - thanks for replies guys, all is good now.I looked into the inside of the nozzle cap and there was a tiny bit of dried paint I had to pick out with my little plastic dental stick / q tip things!

Back in action !

Weird how that happened
 _GOTOTOP