Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Tiger Model: CB-90 H Fast Assault Craft
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 11:53 PM UTC
Wow. Drool.
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 476 posts
Armorama: 447 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 05:01 AM UTC
Who are the Swedes planning to assault?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 01:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Who are the Swedes planning to assault?

Nobody. or rather anyone who tries to invade us.
Check a detailed map showing the Swedish coastline and you will find a lot (and I mean a LOT) of islands. An invader coming over the water will, in most cases, have to pass these islands and will therefore need to secure them and we need to prevent that or get them off those islands if they have managed to get ashore.
/ Robin
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 04:24 PM UTC
😉but that is not so difficult Robin with the Defense we have in Sweden... It's a joke...
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 04:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

😉but that is not so difficult Robin with the Defense we have in Sweden... It's a joke...

Scchhhhhhhh!!! That's a State Secret you know! I will have to report you to the Secret Police so they can arrest you
repynot
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 05:14 PM UTC
Wonder what the Price would be...
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:29 PM UTC
Does their Bikini Team come with the kit??
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:40 PM UTC
Really curious as to MSRP too...... Gonna have to have the USN version.
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 08:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Really curious as to MSRP too...... Gonna have to have the USN version.

$69.99 from Lucky Model
trickymissfit
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,357 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 09:29 AM UTC
YAWN, and they could have done a Nasty Boat instead.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 02:11 PM UTC
RE: Crew figures. Need to put out an Iranian Republican Guard set to go with the U.S. one. CB-90 version that looks sweet is the Brazilian version with the RWS aft of the wheelhouse.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 02:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

RE: Crew figures. Need to put out an Iranian Republican Guard set to go with the U.S. one. CB-90 version that looks sweet is the Brazilian version with the RWS aft of the wheelhouse.

Here are two videos of the Swedish Trackfire RWS.
Promotional with music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjPA4-yteG4

Testing, no music, hits on target in inset picture frame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8AotKdBNYw

Don't know if this is the same that you saw on the Brazilian version. It could be, it could have been filmed during the attempts to sell these boats and the RWS to Brazil.

Looks like it at least:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I42PVJtOlc&t=145s
/ Robin
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 03:43 PM UTC
Currently six countries operate CB-90s, but only two - rather unexpected - finishing options included in the kit. Judging by Tiger Modell's kit release strategy so far, I'm sure at least one, perhaps even two more (slightly) different versions will follow. I mean they released no less than three different kits of the rather esoteric IDF Nagmachon...

b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 02:37 AM UTC
Brazilian one I saw .... the CB -90 on the Amazon vid. ..... has a Trackfire mounted. It has only the M-2 (other videos show the RWS with an M-2 and an M-240). and the Brazilian one did not have the aerodynamic cover for the tower the RWS is on. Is Brazil operating the CB-90? Or was the footage just from an eval?
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 03:06 AM UTC
[quote]Currently six countries operate CB-90s, but only two - rather unexpected - finishing options included in the kit. Judging by Tiger Modell's kit release strategy so far, I'm sure at least one, perhaps even two more (slightly) different versions will follow. I mean they released no less than three different kits of the rather esoteric IDF Nagmachon...

[/quote

Yes when will they come out with the other versions they have promise..]
Removed by original poster on 01/26/18 - 23:01:57 (GMT).
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 04:12 AM UTC
Wonder why they have labelled it "Sweden CB-90 FSDT Assault craft", when there are no Swedish decal options included. Pretty certain the Swedish version will eventually come, but theres a risk that a lot will buy it and be pretty pissed off about this.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:15 AM UTC
Well, it IS designed and made by a Swedish company. A Panther is a GERMAN tank whether captured by the Russians or handed over to the French.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 01:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

theres a risk that a lot will buy it and be pretty pissed off about this.

I think from the business-strategy point of view, it's actually a smart move by TM. If their first kit included the (most wanted) US and Swedish finishing options, not so many would by their second or third kit in the series with the more esoteric variants. On the other hand, many people who got excited about this rather special subject, would buy it as soon as comes out (regardless of the options included), and might even add a second one to the stash with the more common/desirable variants.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 02:46 PM UTC
Or you would have bought 2 or more if you would have want more then one version even if they include more then one option..
As you dont go and buy this version just because it's the first they release but you actually want the other versions because then you wait so i dont think they earn so much more like this... as you dont go and buy a volkswagen when you will buy a bmw just because the bmw was not released then.. Right? Then you wait...
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 03:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

you dont go and buy this version just because it's the first they release but you actually want the other versions

Well, I think that actually a surprisingly large number of customers will do just that - especially when the release date of the next kit(s) in line is still unknown. As a matter of fact, that's EXACTLY what I did when they released their first, late-production Nagmachon 'Doghouse' variant. I've bought it right away, even though I was more interested in the non-doghouse (middle) variant and there were clear indications (extra parts that could only be associated with the middle-production variant) that there's another one in the pipeline. Just couldn't wait...

Quoted Text

as you dont go and buy a volkswagen when you will buy a bmw just because the bmw was not released then.. Right? Then you wait...

...unless you really want/need want a car - now. Plus VW and BMW products usually don't fall into the same price-range, whereas these kits will cost the same. The right analogy should be: 'should I buy a car in one of the available colors now or should I wait for the one I like that might come later?'
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 05:31 PM UTC
I agree with Israel on the probable business plan. Release the "odd" versions first and the most common or most wanted later.

Adding to what Israel already wrote: there might be other reasons for the Malaysian variant, could be a strong regional interest (the Greek version tags along because it is the same).
The Swedish and US versions need some extra parts which could possibly still not be ready, need more references, discussing with lawyers and owners of design rights.

/ Robin
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 06:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree with Israel on the probable business plan. Release the "odd" versions first and the most common or most wanted later.

Adding to what Israel already wrote: there might be other reasons for the Malaysian variant, could be a strong regional interest (the Greek version tags along because it is the same).
The Swedish and US versions need some extra parts which could possibly still not be ready, need more references, discussing with lawyers and owners of design rights.

/ Robin

ä

Yes Robin , it's probably like you say but why then show the boat like they did almost 1 year ago as it's looks the same now as then so they have had time to make the different parts for a Swedish version.. as they said that when they was showing the kit and i did ask them about that in a personal message to them...
So they can still add it to this kit as the difference is not so big i assume.. If you looking on photos.. And if i would have had both a Swedish and Malaysian version i would have bought 2 kits but if i only want the swedish version i dont buy this version ofcourse so they will not earn more on it like this...
Israel you said you bought the first version of the Nagmachon kit, you would probably have bought that kit anyway if they would have included more options in the kit if you would have want it so much...
It's not so easy to sell models, people think and buy what they really want nowdays as they are not so cheap anylonger... Then we have a few that buys everything but they would have bought this anyway if they want more then one version...

They can atleast tell that we will release the Swedish and US version in that time table... But i dont care as i will not buy the malaysian version anyway so me they will not earn any on for doing like this...

And i'm with Frank, why write big Sweden CB-90 on the box art when no Swedish decals are included..... just because it's made in Sweden it's not a Sweden cb-90 boat in Malaysian army.. We dont say it's a German Strv 122 tank as it's a swedish version of the German tank.. Or it's a swedish cv90 in Norway as it's a Norwegian Cv90.. So many will probably think it's swedish decals included if you dont check to moch befere you buy it...

On more thing, it have nothing to do with this kit but why is not the News treads come up any longer in the forum sections?
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 06:55 PM UTC

OK, it says Swidish ....

on the other hand:

but it can also be like this:

but I don't know if Finland or the Netherlands use the designation M270A1 for their vehicles ...

The only thing that IS certain is that the manufacturer and/or box-art designer will label the boxes the way that they think is best for their business

What happens if they for some strange financial and/or marketing reason decide to NOT release the Swedish version. If you had bought the Malaysian there would probably be some aftermarket stuff to convert the Malaysian/Greek version into the Swedish one. Without the base kit you can't use the conversion set either .....
I'll probably end up buying both of them, sucker that I am ...
/ Robin
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 08:12 PM UTC
there we have the kits, and it dont say a german strv 122 atleast... like they say Swedish cb90 when it is not that...
Yes Robin you never know if it will come a conversion if they dont release it as promised.. That chance you have to take....life is a game, the world is not going under for that.. probebly it will only be in the stash where all other kits are already hide