Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiger CB-90
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 01:41 PM UTC
Not really "armor" . but ..... I saw something on the CB-90. Looks like 2 boxings. Swedish and Malaysian / Greek. Is there a US one in the pipeline (With Iran Navy figures???) . Are there any differences between the kits , besides decals? Is the first version just Swedish ? (NOTE: Saw video of the Brazilian Navy one. Looks sweet with the remote weapons station aft of the wheelhouse. )
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 01:54 PM UTC
Already being discussed here: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/265928&page=1
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 02:42 PM UTC
Danke sehr. Still wonder about differences between the variants of the models. Radar, etc. Norway did a one off with a Protector RWS modified to fire a Hellfire.
Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 05:03 AM UTC
I've just seen the first eBay listing for it. The box is plain white with a side view of a plain grey boat. Decals only for Malaysian Navy and Greek Coastguard. No Swedish, US, Norwegian, Mexican or German markings or parts in that boxing.

Looks like a vanilla standard CB90 as per the original Swedish version, but some equipment may be different.

I like the Norwegian grey/grey/brown(-ish) splinter camo. I believe the Swedes carry ground-launched Hellfire missile teams in theirs. They use that missile for coastal defence. Whether it could be set up and fired from the rear deck is an open question.

The US Navy have a special semi-trailer for this boat, usually pulled by the semi-tractor version of the MTVR. I wonder if we'll see that from anyone? That would make a nice rig - but need a big shelf! The boat is about 45cm/18" long.

Perhaps this opens up a new modelling direction. Other small boats might be interesting. A US Small Unit Riverine Craft (armed RIB), British Offshore Raiding Craft, the list goes on.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 - 05:51 AM UTC
Norway experimented with a Hellfire launcher on a modified Protector RWS mount. From the fuzzy photos I've seen it looks like it was mounted farther aft than the weapons mount just aft of the wheelhouse. (makes sense. I'd think that close to the wheelhouse would blow the windows out on launch.) As far as I know it was not pursued. I know that a new version of the Protector has an option to fit a Javelin missile launcher. I think that is probably a land based set up. I don't know how well that would work on a rolling platform at sea.
 _GOTOTOP