Hosted by Darren Baker
OKB Tracks Tips
Brianlee
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:22 PM UTC
Hey guys - I got quite a few of these to use on my 1/72 armor kits and had a tough time with them & looking for any tips ....

I tried to put a set of Tiger I tracks on a late Tiger I to test out fitment. I am the type that likes to paint roadwheels off the model and same with track, then install.... so running gear is on, ready to go for the tracks

So..... I primed the tracks black, painted dark gray, rustalled a bit and when dry, threw them in some hot water to soften ... I was able to bend nicely around the sprocket and idler but they colled so quickly, I they ended up breaking often and probably because Im painted BEFORE, the CA was not holding the track around sproket well, tried piecing a bunch of broken runs together and it looks ok, but extremly frustrating trying to get it right. I bought these for some ease of assembaly but now have a ton to use and did not love the first exp. I personally like the Dragon DS tracks and wish they sold them separatley

Maybe I have to learn to paint in situ as one of the other memebrs noted? I'm determined to use them but need some help from the experts

Any ideas would be great guys (besides sell them to you guys at half price )
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:25 PM UTC
Try the track exchange here on this site,many are willing to get rid of their unused DS tracks.Also they can be found on ebay at times.

What are OKB tracks
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:37 PM UTC
Aftermarket resin tracks.

See here:
http://www.okbgrigorov.com/
Cheers,
 _GOTOTOP