Hosted by Darren Baker
AMX-10RC Help
mmarchioli
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 01:24 AM UTC
Hi guys! I am working on the Tiger Models AMX-10RC kit and had a quick question. The kit from Tiger Models comes with add on armor for the front of the hull and the turret that as I understand was used for this version in the first gulf war (1991). My question is, was the add on armor retained on the turret in cases where the hull add on kit was removed?

I am trying to do a 3-tone NATO camo version and its really hard to tell for certain if the turret armor is there or not in the photos I have found.

Thanks all for the help!
Mike
pattesmaq
Visit this Community
Haute-Alpes, France
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 01:45 AM UTC
Good evening
for the AMX 10 RC R the additional shielding of the body and turret is removable. However only the shielding of the body is removed. During the Gulf War the AMX 10 RC had an additional armor on the turret and on the front, now we add some on the sides. to see if it is in place you have to look at the AMX 10 RC face if the box is right no additional armor, if the body has the dihedral it is in place.
here is
mmarchioli
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 05:12 AM UTC
Oh wow guys - Sorry, Just found a picture of an AMX-10 on prime portal with the turret armor but no hull armor. I had seen this picture but didn't realize what I was looking at.

Well good news!

Thanks for the help.
Mike
 _GOTOTOP