_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Anybody interested in a 1/35th Helo campaign?
melon
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 07:02 AM UTC
I see there is a larger market now for 1/35th helocopters, would anyone else like to tackle this interesting subject? I could include 1/32 scale as well, ranging from all time periods, Korean War to current. Anyone else up for this?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 07:11 AM UTC
Actually - one just wrapped up. "Death From Above" (DFA) centered on helicopters. I dunno if all who participated and had fun is ready to start up another one...

Gunnie
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 07:42 AM UTC
I'd be in if it has a real late finish date (like December)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:54 AM UTC
Howdy melon,

First....thx for joining my "Incoming!!" Campaign.

Now, in regards to your 'Helo' Campaign idea........

Being an old helo driver, I would definitely be up for it. I have three (3) different helo's in different stage's of 'early assembly' and with no home. Since I did not particiapte in the recently concluded DFA Campaign, I would be excited to finally stretch my 'rotary' muscles. :-)
My only note of personal indulgence, would be the same as Porkchop's, that the 'Finish' date is something like December. I am in up to my head with builds and running my own Campaign's, so the late end date would be imperative for me.
Hope that works.

Tread.

Besides....I wanna see Porkchop's Robinson R-22 build-up! #:-)
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 12:07 PM UTC
Tread;
What's a Robinson R-22? I was gonna do the Hind!!!!! (or Night Flight MH-53 if it ever comes out)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 12:35 PM UTC
:-) :-)

Howdy Porkchop,

I was just kidding ya. The Robinson R-22 is a very small 'personal' sized helicopter that is most generally used for training. I've got about 32 hours in one, and felt my life was in jeopardy about 31 of them!
Anyway....I've also got the Night Flight '53 on order! In fact, one of the principle's of the company some months back posted a rather 'fervent' reply to my hinting at the very same thing you just did! I let his response just stand as it is, and thought the best course of action is to simply let 'time tell the tale'.................still haven't heard a peep about my order.

Tread.

Oh.....you can afford the Hind? Good on ya Porkchop. I will have to save a wee bit longer to acquire their new 'bird'.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 03:29 PM UTC
Hmmm, I have a DML AH-6 Little Bird, MRC AH-1T+ Super Gold Cobra, MRC AH-58D Kiowa Warrior and an MRC HTL-4 USCG Bell 47...

But, I have my hands full with several other group builds right now...
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:02 PM UTC
Oh come on now Rob......the '47 would only take you a couple of hours to build! #:-)

Tread.
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Armorama: 658 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 06:54 AM UTC
Why 1/35?????????

I have only one 1/35 helo kit - Korean War era H-13. All my other kits are in 1/72.

animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:43 AM UTC
I could go for a 1/35 build if as been stated it has a completion date of at least November.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:35 PM UTC
Why have another one when we just finished one? Unless there is a certain aspect of it. Say all Vietnam, choppers from Operation Iraqi Freedom or Enduring Freedom, maybe even Desert Storm. Not just a plain, jane chopper build. Has to be a catch to it. Just my two cents.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 03:21 AM UTC
If I recall DFA was all scales and was only out of the box.
This one seems limited to 1/35th and could open the doors for aftermarket sets/conversion sets to be used. As it stands now, I suspect my Hind would be pretty much out of the box. But who knows what will be on the market in 8 months.

Tread: Yeah, no kids = Hind. But then I also don't have the Accurate Armor HET....
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 06:54 PM UTC
As you may or may not know i ve just finished the DFA campaign (Snowball Huey) and i was too much into choppers. I ve already ordered the Hind (Trumpeter) and some more Academy's i/35 stuff (Blackhawk e.t.c.)So i am full into it . I d also suggest after having the experience of DFA.
1. Strictly 1/35 and 1/32 (cause theyre very similiar in size and building abbilities)
2. No restrictions in scratching improving or aftermarkets(though i never use em!!!)
3.Categorising the builds into 2 sections. A) Vietnam Era B)Gulf War
That way we ll have many variations in comparable items, will be easy to get help and info as many people will ecounter similiar items , and the campaign will have a tight uniformity which may be proven good (though is not top tight as building one single model M1 f.e.)
4. Dioramas could be allowed since the involve only choppers building and figures (no other vehicle or tank or anything to destract from the main thing chopper)
5. Starting date (the earlier) 15 of August or the 1st of September and finishing line at 31 of December.. Cause aftermarket superdetailing and scratching needs time (and reference seeking needs time )

thats my 1 euro about it and i am definately in whatever is decided!!!!

Costas

guys enter this 1/35 helos is hell of a fun , much space for everything
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 01:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh come on now Rob......the '47 would only take you a couple of hours to build! #:-)

Tread.

Come on Tread, you know that according to the rank & file I don't build models. I buy them off of eBay pre-built. It will take me at least a week to find a helicopter, bid on it and then about 3-5 days to have it mailed to me. Add a couple of days for me to photograph it and upload the pictures. So, it will take me a minimum of two weeks to "build" this kit.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 02:08 AM UTC

LMAO!!!........LOL....LOL...Lol....lol........ #:-)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 05:19 AM UTC
I don't have any small scale helicopter kits - but lots of 1:35th scale ones! A late summer-winter build sounds like it could be fun...

Gunnie
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 05:50 AM UTC
Yeah...how about starting it after the Arty build is over....we could go Sept to December or January.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 06:57 AM UTC
Bingo these dates will work for me. Even Rob will be able to get it done by then. Just think Rob, you could do an Eastern Block Copter and shoot it down with one of the secret track vehicles you got stashed somewhere. #:-)
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 04:09 PM UTC
Well, with a load of choppers sitting in my stash I would love to join in on this one. But alas, if its going to be late summer-winter like suggested, it will probably be a no-no since I am going to go ahead and join the NG and Im off to Iraq late November, early December.
 _GOTOTOP