_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Interest for Swedish group build?
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 09:30 AM UTC
In an attempt to boost the interest for the Swedish forum I'm planing to start a Swedish group build, but since we are such a small group here, I thought I could give all the others of you a chance to participate.

More exact rules will be made up later, given there is an interest for this. The only thing right now is to modell a aircraft, tank/APC, ship that has been in service in the Swedish armed forces (and of course in Swedish markings). Doubt there are many Swedish figures out there, but of course this category is welcome as well.

As to scales and build techniques, all will be welcome.

So, anyone interested? Let me know what you think.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:14 AM UTC
Argh, when it rains it pours. I've promised myself to two campaigns already but this grabs my interest as well.

Paul
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:31 AM UTC
I'm interested too. I've got an S-tank 103C and Eduard on the shelf.......

Dave S.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:44 AM UTC
Howdy ThomasB,

I am always trying to support both Armorama and it's staff members! So, as soon as you can fine-tune this beast let me know. Like Dixon66 I've also got a 'C' model sitting on the shelf. Might have to do an OOB, my 'plate' is quite full at the moment, but I completely understand the your efforts.

Tread.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 08:02 PM UTC
Hi Thomas

I'd certainly be interested in joining in.

I've got several campaign/builds on at the moment so, realistically, I wouldn't be able to start anything until June... but if that fits in with your plans, I might have a crack at the Classic Airframes Reggiane Re. 2000 with Swedish markings. :-)

All the best

Rowan
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 08:47 PM UTC
Rules 1.1

Dates: The build will run from June 6th (Swedish national day) to November 14th (no special date in Swedish history, but special to me...). The kit should not be started on the startdate of the build (i.e. no half-builds...)

Scales: All scales are welcome.

Subjects: Air, armor,ship, figure and dioramas, they are all welcome. But the demand is that it should have served in the Swedish armed forces, and needless to say, the model should be in Swedish markings.

Techniques: Any kind of technique is welcome, weather it is straig-out-of-the-box or a complete scratchbuild.

That summons up the first draft of the rules for this group build. Since I'm kinda new at this, I will gladly take any suggestions you guys might have.
Tommy_86
Visit this Community
Södermanland, Sweden
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:30 PM UTC
I'm interested too. I've got an strv 103C tank from trumpeter
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:42 AM UTC
Can you enter this group build with a kit half done or do you have to start from with a new one?
I got a Strv 103B half built but if that one don't qualify I can dig up something else.
I also have the Strv 103C and some other bits and pieces that can be made as Swedish vehicles like M3 Scout car, Pz 38t etc.

/Thord
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 01:50 AM UTC
Count me in too! Now I have a good reason to pick up that Strv 122 Conversion set.
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 02:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can you enter this group build with a kit half done or do you have to start from with a new one?

I rather see unstarted kits in the build, but that's what I think.
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:30 AM UTC
Oki, I'll just have to get my but out and finish of that B-version before this thing goes on the road and do something else for the group build.
Maybe this could be a good way for me to actually do some building. :-)

/Thord
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:48 AM UTC
Hey Thorde
Is that the same unfinished "b-version" you were working on at the hobby-mässan last october?? #:-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:51 AM UTC
Well, I guess I´ll join in this group build as well! Haven´t anything at home that is typically swedish .... but the S-tanks are cool. Probably go for the B version also, as I think all that masking for the C version would be overkill with a due-date. Maybe later??
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 11:32 AM UTC
Well, not easy to decide what to build. Have a lot of options lying around. Where thinking of doing a J-26 (P-51) Mustang, but that kit where already started, so is my Strv 103C.

But I have some goodies to choose from, 2 JAS-39, 1 B-17, 1 of Airfixs old Handley Page Hampden with swedish markings. S-31 Spitfire, or what I'm leaning the most towards, a J-30 Mosquito out of the Tamiya model...

Life is so full with hard decisions...
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 11:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Thorde
Is that the same unfinished "b-version" you were working on at the hobby-mässan last october?? #:-)

Yes, it is
I'm a very slow builder, there has been absolutely NO progress since early december.
There is too much other things taking my time, like the computer, Internet etc.

About the 103C. You can make one of those all green if you don't wanna mess with the four-tone.
Not all vehicles was camouflaged.

/Thord
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 09:37 AM UTC
Seams like a lot of kits in the build is going to be Strv103's... But not that strange, considering it's the only armor kit that can be built Swedish out of the box.

But it would be nice to see some more wingy things...
 _GOTOTOP