_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
AH!, Son of A..........
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 08:37 AM UTC
About a month ago I won an Auction on eBay of Verlindens Black GI Vietnam for around $14. Well the seller and I made contact with addresses and payements etc, etc. Well I told him that I would mail it within a few days, I said that on a Wednsday, and Thursday I slept over my buddies house because we were going to Cedar Point the next day so Saturday I cant mail it, Sunday the mail doesnt go out so I mailed it Monday. After I mailed the MO or check I was looking around on eBay again and saw the same figure by the same seller! so I said well maybee he had 2 of them. Well I waited and waited but the figure never came. So I went to go through my Old Mail, and Sent Mail and of course its not there because the computer deletes it after a few days. This is what really makes me mad, If he got the other guys payement before he got mine and he sent the figure to him and then he got my check, wouldnt it make sense to mail my money back with a letter saying what happened I mean come on?!?!?! what do you think?

Mike
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 08:50 AM UTC
You should be able to email him at least. The check is trackable through your bank...at least they could tell you if it's been cashed. The MO is also traceable through the issuer. I would try to email him first though to see what's up. If you don't have his email you could still send a message through EBay.
I hope you can clear this all up...good luck.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 09:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

About a month ago I won an Auction on eBay of Verlindens Black GI Vietnam for around $14. Well the seller and I made contact with addresses and payements etc, etc. Well I told him that I would mail it within a few days, I said that on a Wednsday, and Thursday I slept over my buddies house because we were going to Cedar Point the next day so Saturday I cant mail it, Sunday the mail doesnt go out so I mailed it Monday. After I mailed the MO or check I was looking around on eBay again and saw the same figure by the same seller! so I said well maybee he had 2 of them. Well I waited and waited but the figure never came. So I went to go through my Old Mail, and Sent Mail and of course its not there because the computer deletes it after a few days. This is what really makes me mad, If he got the other guys payement before he got mine and he sent the figure to him and then he got my check, wouldnt it make sense to mail my money back with a letter saying what happened I mean come on?!?!?! what do you think?

Mike

Do you use Outlook express if you do create a folder under local folders in Outlook and move your email to it or copy to it this way you won't miss out on address and stuff.
stavka2000
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 120 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 12:06 PM UTC
Ebay mentions that the seller and buyer should be reasonable about expecting payment etc, if he had problems he should have mailed you. Of course there is always negative feedback.

In my dealings on Ebay I have aside of sloppy e-mail answering from the other side never had any issues.

Paypal works good for this as well.

Iwan
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 11:12 AM UTC
Whats Cedar Point lol?
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 11:47 AM UTC
If you use paypal make sure if your the seller that you use some sort of tracking on the package.

Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 05:08 AM UTC
Thanks for all the tips guys. When I was looking around on eBay for finding the seller it requires the sellers name and the item number and of course I dont have either one of them. Does anyone know the email address to the owners of the web site?

Zach, Cedar Point is a HUGE amusement park with roller coasters, water parks, too much food, etc etc.

Mike
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 05:20 AM UTC
Armor,

just my 2 cents:

http://webhelp.ebay.com/cgi-bin/eHNC/query-ebay-rs.tcl?area=transaction&subarea=transaction_seller&rcode=431200011000000&flag1=1&flag2=2&flag3=1&subjecttier1=Transaction+Problems&subjecttier2=I+am+a+Seller&Query=I+sent+the+item%2C+but+have+not+received+payment.

Use the contact supprt button.

Good luck !
 _GOTOTOP