_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Takom: Small Scale V2
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 02:17 PM UTC

Takom enters the 1/72 scale with their V2, Meillerwagen and SS100 tractor.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 02:31 PM UTC
Since I had the ancient Eidai kit, I've wanted a new 1/72 kit of this. Maybe they'll do the control vehicle too.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 09:03 PM UTC
Good news. But they still haven't got the "transport-towing" position right. The Meillerwagen was towed from the other end. And would never have been towed in the erected position-- but I guess it's more "dramatic" that way.
VR, Russ
Precious_rob
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 09:54 PM UTC
While i cant speak to the orientation, it appears they are depicting the V2 being erected onto the launching platform, not actually being towed
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 - 01:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

While i cant speak to the orientation, it appears they are depicting the V2 being erected onto the launching platform, not actually being towed

That's part of the problem. The V2 was towed to the site by the SS100-- from the opposite end. It was then disconnected from the towing vehicle and oriented to the launch platform by winching the trailer to the launch platform --from the other end, not as depicted in the artwork. The stabilizing outriggers would then be placed before the missile was erected. You never would have seen an SS100 attached with the missile partially erected like this. It would have been withdrawn before the erection sequence started. It's pure fiction, but it does look nice. I have the 1/35 kit, and it's pretty good, but I wish these model companies would do some research before they mislead us modelers.

VR, Russ
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 - 03:27 AM UTC
While the kit -and the new Trumpeter launch vehicle- are a great start I'm just as pleased (well, almost) learning details like this forum has provided.
ignatius
Visit this Community
Malta
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 - 04:04 AM UTC
it is nice to see such a nice model. The thing is that it already exist. I got mine through Special Armour and it has quite some nice detail. I would have appreciated if instead of this kit the company gave us some German vehicles that are not available from any company. I am referring to, for example, the Sd Kfz 6 half track. This vehicle has potential when it comes to conversions.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 - 09:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

it is nice to see such a nice model. The thing is that it already exist. I got mine through Special Armour and it has quite some nice detail. I would have appreciated if instead of this kit the company gave us some German vehicles that are not available from any company. I am referring to, for example, the Sd Kfz 6 half track. This vehicle has potential when it comes to conversions.

Special Armor kits are Ok--I've built Their V2 and launch pad, VidalWagen, SS100, the oxygen tank trailer, and the Meillerwagen. They are nice kits, but if the Takom kit is anything like their 1/35 kit, it'll be a nice model. The SS100 and Meillerwagen from SA are very detailed, but they are also a little over engineered IMHO. By nature, SA kits are short run kits as they are a Special Hobby spin off. So they are a little difficult to come by at times (although TAKOM kits can also be elusive at times). I used the excellent 1/72 SA Vidalwagen to build my scratchbuilt 1/35 Vidalwagen and V2 rocket several years ago by extrapolating it for plans to 1/35 scale. Interestingly enough, I had the opportunity to compare the new 1/35 TAKOM Vidalwagen to my 1/35 scratch-built version just last weekend. I was surprised that the frames matched exactly. So I think TAKOM has got the dimensions down pretty well, at least for their 1/35 Vidalwagen anyway-- let's hope they do the same with this kit.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP