_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
btr-60
cbell63
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 - 07:00 AM UTC
Anyone know the correct colors of the Russian btr-60 interior open top variant? Driver's compartment,seats,instrument panel etc. thanks
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 - 08:59 AM UTC
I've only seen one open topped variant - all the rest were closed. For open topped, please read my second response to this thread:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/165161&page=1

I shipped quite a bit of Soviet equipment home, so I have pretty good color matches for a lot of the interior fittings.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 - 01:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've only seen one open topped variant - all the rest were closed. For open topped, please read my second response to this thread:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/165161&page=1

I shipped quite a bit of Soviet equipment home, so I have pretty good color matches for a lot of the interior fittings.

If your second response was the one with all the nice images in it the PhotoBucket has bucked it up. Now it only shows the "cheerful" messages about the disabling of third party hosting
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 - 04:14 PM UTC
I built one myself a while back and I managed to get some partial shots of an interior (thanks to someone on the site here I think) and the interior was green. I believe the reason for this was because it was open-topped the usual Soviet white interior color would have been easily spotted from the air, hence it was painted green like the rest of the vehicle. As far as I remember the benches were made of wood and painted green but I seem to remember in one picture the paint was heavily chipped revealing a good bit of the brown wood beneath and that's what I ended up doing as it broke up the green a bit giving some interest to the interior.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 - 08:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If your second response was the one with all the nice images in it the PhotoBucket has bucked it up. Now it only shows the "cheerful" messages about the disabling of third party hosting

Indeed, but the text explains it well enough without the photos. That panel is about as Forest Green as you can get. One of these days it's going to be incorporated into a build.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 - 09:40 PM UTC
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/223476&page=1

H.P.
 _GOTOTOP