_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Asian Scene Pictures
Zelda
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 12:34 PM UTC
Hi everybody,
I just took several pictures of bamboo hut over a pond and two wooden bridges over a creek some where near my home.

I have never been to Vietnam, but comparing the scenery in Indonesia and Vietnam there is not much different between the two. So these pictures might be useful for building Vietnam diorama.

Where should I upload it to ? And how ? Just let me know the shortcuts, I am lazy to read the instructions small prints

I also took some pictures of rusted dozer bucket, if you are interested.

And as a bonus I have a walkaround picture of a BANANA tree.

Cheers,
Aripin "Zelda" Sunardi
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 12:45 PM UTC
Aripin,
Well that would definately make good reference material for dioramas. One solution for a image uploading spot would be the new Armorama at MSN site. Users that sign up with MSN (the .net passport thing) get 3mb of storage space on their account (at least I think this is how this works). So try that first. Alternately there are sites like Yahoo, Webshots, and others. But many of them have restrictions on loading the images remotely (which many of our users like to do in posts).

I would offer to host them in the gallery here but we don't really have a category for that kind of reference images and we are also trying to conserve space at the moment until more advertisers sign-up and allow us some expansion space.

Here is the URL for the MSN site:

http://groups.msn.com/armorama

Thanks,
Jim
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 06:16 PM UTC
Yes pics of Bamboo Hootches would be good.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 11:53 PM UTC
Ari,

I took plenty of pics when I was in indonesia last spring, with the very same purpose. I even sent a postcard to Jim for reference material, but I must have messed up the address somehow and it was lost.
Maybe the indonesia post officers didn't like my suggestion that this would be a nice setting for a diorama with helos and tanks...
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 01:34 AM UTC
Jan,

look behind you......may be some Indonesian MI5 is watching you......

Olangi120
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 05:25 AM UTC
Those bamboo pics could sure work on just about any dio having to do with southeast asia,its a native plant of that area.I have some picture I took in Spain a few years back it has a wheat field rollings hills and a mountain range in the background.this picture could be anywhere in europe from the western front to the eastern front.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 08:34 AM UTC
#:-) I'll take two dozen bannnas (especially the small red babies) and a photo of that banana tree! In exchange I have found some build up shots of the Somali Technical and A/A gun. Wow bannas for technicals now isn't that unusual bargaining material?

:-)
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 09:00 AM UTC
Hi everybody!
As you know Brazil isnŽt in asia, but due to our climate similarities, if you would like to have pics of bananas, bamboo, and some tropical plants, just let me know...IŽll do my best to fullfill your expectations!
Cheers
Zelda
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 01:57 PM UTC
These 2-3 days, I have been trying to upload the bamboo hut pic and the bridges to photos.yahoo.com; but the connection from where I live is bad.

Any suggestion on alternative method ?

Thanks
Aripin
Zelda
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 02:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In exchange I have found some build up shots of the Somali Technical and A/A gun. Wow bannas for technicals now isn't that unusual bargaining material? :-)

Watch for my future posting in this forum, I am still trying to upload the picture to photos.yahoo.com

Technicals are one of my favorite vehicles, I got several pictures Somali technicals from Corbis.com. The batch includes M-151A2 with 106mm RR (I think!)

Cheers,
Aripin
 _GOTOTOP