_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-54AM fuel tanks and grenade
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2018 - 01:16 AM UTC
I'm trying to build T-54AM. Rear part of tank with fuel barrel and smoke grenades. But I have only one reference photo.

I found Inside the Armour company released a set for T-54. It looks very similar to the version I'm looking for.

Do You have any detail photos of this detail or conversion set?

Thanks in advance

Michal
timroberts8
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 105 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 12:51 AM UTC
Hi Michal, the Inside the Armour set is out of production now. I wonder if the central fuel tank support is the same as those seen on Czechoslovakian T-54AR. I have photos of that type.
I just got this book Czolgi i samobiezne dziala pancerne Wojska Polskiego 1919-2016 and there are a couple more photos of the central fuel drum with smoke drums either side, but they're not very clear.
Removed by original poster on 03/15/18 - 22:10:42 (GMT).
timroberts8
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 03:11 AM UTC
https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/517/81fU-u-EZ1L.jpg This is the book the other photos are in Michal
Derevyankin
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 02:53 PM UTC
Hi!
Here https://www.dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=3081&np=all&lng=E is walkaround of finnish T-54 with smoke generators.
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 - 04:39 AM UTC
Very interesting variant, something a little different. It's really too bad about Inside the Armor, they had some nice items. I wish they would sell the molds to someone, so those great products might be available again.
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 - 12:50 PM UTC
Thanks for Your support
I decided to built this version of T-54 which is stored in museum in Swtizerland. But than I found this is Czech T-54AR which is only painted as Polish tank.

Therefore I've started looking for photos of another versions which were used by People's Polish Army. And this is "my history" of building this model

During surfing the web I found another photo of Polish T-54. It shows version with 2 fuel barrels support. But it could be the same element as for version with central barrel.

And it looks slighty different to Czech version. Am I right?

Michal
timroberts8
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 - 08:23 PM UTC
That barrel support looks very similar to the ones fitted to Polish T-34-85M2 Michal. You'll see that the Polish fuel drums have 2 H section bands round them. On the T-34-85M2, and by the look of things the T-54, the bracket has a locking mechanism which engages with the H section band. When tightened this holds the drum in place.I'm sure you have pictures of the T-34 brackets, but if not I can send some. I don't know how to post them here.
 _GOTOTOP