_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiran interior
gloucesternige
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 03:34 PM UTC
Hi all,

I am in the middle of painting the interior of my Tiran 4 and am trying to find some colour references. the Miniart colour callouts are suspect to say the least, and it has been confirmed that the IDF repainted the interiors of all Tirans white. Miniart calls for blue grey as I believe is found on the original soviet tanks?

I am also interested in the floor panel layout and if Miniart have got it correct as the kit has square panels under the turret area whereas all pics I can find have circular panels on the floor?

All help to find a link would be appreciated as I really only ever want to build one of these interiors and get it right first time.. it's a lot of work!!

Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 20:03:12 (GMT).
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 - 02:21 AM UTC
Would some Tiran 5 pics be helpful ?

https://milinme.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/tank-memorial-in-lebanon-3-sla-tiran-55-1/

H.P.
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 - 04:19 AM UTC
Anybody have any idea what Iranian camouflage "inspired" the paint job on that memorial tank in the last 3 photos on the link that Frenchy posted? I googled Iran t-55, Iranian tank, etc... but nothing even remotely resembling that scheme came up. Frenchy, you are the master of reference photos, any ideas?
gloucesternige
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 - 06:01 AM UTC

Thanks Frenchy. That is about the only site I was able to find with any interior shots and as Kharkov has mentioned above, it looks like the T54 to T55 called for a change in the floor panels?

I can only assume the T-54 also had rubber mats?

I also found a walk around in a Chinese type 59 and another T54 and none of my three references tie up?? I think artistic license will have to play a part.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 - 12:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anybody have any idea what Iranian camouflage "inspired" the paint job on that memorial tank in the last 3 photos on the link that Frenchy posted?

Maybe this...

...but I guess this Revolutionary Guard combat-uniform was the real inspiration.

Kharkov
KitMaker: 181 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 - 06:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Frenchy. That is about the only site I was able to find with any interior shots and as Kharkov has mentioned above, it looks like the T54 to T55 called for a change in the floor panels?

From looking at interior pictures of the MiniArt kits themselves it would appear that the major change in floor panel design took place with the T-54, it seems to go like this -

T-54A has the square type floor panels (with anti-slip or rubber mats) hard to tell from the pictures I've seen.

T-54B has the early type round floor panels (a revolving floor) with rubber mats.

T-55A onwards has the later type round floor panels (a revolving floor) with rubber mats.

So MiniArt are showing the change in floor design occurred between the T-54A and the T-54B.

Matt
gloucesternige
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 12:59 AM UTC
I've painted my floor panels to depict rubber mats as thats what the later tanks look like they had?

Would anyone know if the "Compressor" in the hull would have been russian green or did the Israelis repaint them? I really dont trust the Miniart call outs now.. I notice they call up white for the ammo brackets even though the call out for the walls is light blue grey???
 _GOTOTOP