_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Custom Factory 1/35 conversions?
Shalta
Visit this Community
Guangxi, China / 简体
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 160 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 - 09:36 PM UTC
Hello,
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it seems like most of this companies' products are of Russian/Soviet subjects, so it seems right to me?

I'm just wondering about the general quality of their resin conversions, and if they'd be fine for someone who's never worked with resin before?

Also, Curious where to buy their stuff?
I see their site seems to have the option, but I prefer to keep all of my online shopping (Just kits, really.) to eBay, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows how 'official' this seller is?
https://www.ebay.ca/usr/cust-ua?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

It SEEMS like that's just Custom Factory's eBay page, but after seeing that post a while ago about recast fakes + the rather low feedback number, I'd rather know for certain. As I've got a couple things I'm interested in buying soon.

Thanks
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 - 10:39 PM UTC
I have bought a couple of their smaller items through their eBay shop and had no issues. The casting is very nice and the parts look great. I assume their larger conversion sets are just as nice. I would go for it.
Shalta
Visit this Community
Guangxi, China / 简体
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 - 11:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have bought a couple of their smaller items through their eBay shop and had no issues. The casting is very nice and the parts look great. I assume their larger conversion sets are just as nice. I would go for it.

Alright, thanks!
I just had to make sure that was their eBay shop, as the 2 sets I have in mind are rather expensive, and I've yet to order any resin off eBay yet. So, better to be safe than sorry.

It's still a 'soon' thing, but I'll be ordering those ASAP now!
duttons
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 06:24 PM UTC
I have done two of their T-80 conversions.I bought direct from their web site. Had a few issues, but they solved without hesitation and that is a good indication, problems occur in life its how we solve them that matters.
Quality, its reasonable, the two I built, one in progress actually, have basically large pieces so a very easy and quick build but the expense of suoer detail, and thats fine with me. Both had a couple of large casting holes, but easily fixed. Instructions are a bit on weak side but they answer emails with photos etc very rapidly. I'd recommend if just for their uniqueness but Ive hesitated on some of their large kits as they do need some work on your part and so decided to wait and see if it becomes available in plastic.
Shalta
Visit this Community
Guangxi, China / 简体
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 09:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have done two of their T-80 conversions.I bought direct from their web site. Had a few issues, but they solved without hesitation and that is a good indication, problems occur in life its how we solve them that matters.
Quality, its reasonable, the two I built, one in progress actually, have basically large pieces so a very easy and quick build but the expense of suoer detail, and thats fine with me. Both had a couple of large casting holes, but easily fixed. Instructions are a bit on weak side but they answer emails with photos etc very rapidly. I'd recommend if just for their uniqueness but Ive hesitated on some of their large kits as they do need some work on your part and so decided to wait and see if it becomes available in plastic.

Fair enough. I was considering one of their T-80 conversions (Object 292*), but I ended up holding off for a little while after some research into the vehicle and set.
Just seems like it's missing a few details, so I'd certainly say you summed it up quite well.

Most of the issue is from it being based on a T-80U realistically, but it's missing a few hooks, bolts, and other such stuff. Should be easy enough to add the missing stuff though.

So, I'm still planning to get it, but it's a bit less immediate right now.
 _GOTOTOP