_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Tankette MAFVA Magazine Vol.20 No.2
TylerB
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 11:32 PM UTC
Hi, does anyone have a copy spare or able to scan a copy as I have recently purchased a Standard Beaverette and photos would be most useful to the restoration effort.

I will be posting a general request for any Beaverette Photos or reference material elsewhere on the forum including so photos of mine and its restoration if that is ok.

Many Thanks

Tyler
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 01:14 AM UTC
Isn’t yours a Mk. III? Jeff’s drawing in 20/2 is a Mk.II, which was a different beast altogether.

There was a drawing of the Mk.III in 37/2 but another member pointed out in 37/4 that it had some issues. The author, Will Ward, points out that most published plans are based on a reconstruction at Duxford, which is also off dimensionally.

Will points out that there are articles in Classic Military Vehicle nos 5 and 7 and back issues were (in 2002, although the publication is still extant) available from [email protected] and those have photos.

Most survivors are severely cut down but Preston Isaacs has one at Cobbaton (in deepest Devon) and there is apparently one at Aberlady (Myreton Motor Museum) in Scotland and a recovered example in the Netherlands (Delft?).
TylerB
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 01:30 PM UTC
The only remains of the armored body is the front glacis plate, 18" / foot wells of the bulkhead and the lower sills, the rest is Kaput. So mine is either a mk3 or 4.
There are shared aspects from the Mk1 upto the Mk4.

Its not the drawings that are necessarily the interesting contents of Tankette MAFVA Magazine Vol.20 No.2 and Vol.32 No.2, the photographs of the Beaverette's are the main point of interest as those shots are not available elsewhere and provide quite abit of detail etc

Plus I have had a great interest in these vehicle for many years, I am also in contact with someone who is preparing to build a Mk1/2 replica

So Tankette MAFVA Magazine Vol.20 No.2 and Vol.32 No.2 would be of great use.

The example at Duxford, had the top cut off (from the bottom of the vision hatches up) post war which is possibly why its upper half dimesions are off .

I have searched through what Classic Military Vehicle & Military Machines International mags I have.
I don't have nos 5 and 7 of CMV so I will try and find copys of those. Thanks for that info.

From my research this is a previously unknown survivor, there are 10 survivors that I am aware of at present, including my example.

My email is [email protected] if anyone has any artical's etc

This is the listing for my one.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1943-STANDARD-TRIUMPH-BEAVERETTE-EX-ARMOURED-CAR-VERY-RARE-RUNS-amp-DRIVES-LOOK-/201991551646?rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=1467488985947&nma=true&si=Pxp8K33X%252BmXQTsfde5UsehZCvho%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
 _GOTOTOP