_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Badger 150 airbrush problem
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 10:16 PM UTC
Hi all,

I have a little problem with my Badger 150 double action and I hope you lot can help me.

I have bought it second hand so I don’t have a Manuel.

The problem is that although it is a double action it behaves like a single action airbrush.

If I press on the trigger I get max air and paint mixture, when I press the trigger back there is no difference :-(

I know that I can adjust the needle on the back and I tried it but to no effect. Or I get no paint (only air) or I get max air/paint.

Help! I can’t figure it out.

#:-)
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 10:29 PM UTC
[email protected]

You could try emailing them for a manual. I don't have a Badger A/B, so that's all the help I can be for you.
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 792 posts
Armorama: 314 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 11:03 PM UTC
Roadkill,

Perhaps your needle is bend and is stuck.
I think you have to by a new needle.

En nou in het Nederlands...

Aan je verhaal te zien lijkt het mij dat je naald krom is. In iedergeval de punt.
Als je naald krom is dan kan hij blijven hangen en geeft dan op het punt waar hij hangen blijft de de hoeveelheid verf.
Waar je ook nog even om moet denken is dat je je nalld NOOIT in de nozzle duwt !!!!
Deze kan daardoor gaan scheuren en ook dan krijg je een rare hoeveel heid verf op je model. ( spetteren etc )

Eric

Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 11:39 PM UTC
Hi,

I have 2 needles and have checked them and they are not bend
I can removed them without any problem, so I dont think that is the problem.

Ronny #:-)
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 02:11 AM UTC
It sounds like the needle is incorrectly positioned. Try loosening the needle chuck and gently tap the needle a little further back into or a little more foward in the airbrush. Retighten the chuck. Try it out again. You should just barely see the tip of the needle in the nozzle BEFORE you push the lever.
Let me know if this helps.
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 05:26 AM UTC
This is a stupid question but is the trigger adjustment screw in place? When it´s screwed in all the way it goes the airbrush acts like a single-action.
Just thought, I once lost mine and since you bought it second-hand...

Quoted Text

Or I get no paint (only air) or I get max air/paint.

Happens when I use the big cup or paint is too thick. Using the non-gravity feed cup the airbrush has to first suck the paint in the brush so there is a little delay after opening the paint flow anyway. I spray on some newspaper sheet first to get the spray steady and get the paint flowing smoothly through the airbrush and I try the air and paint back and forth from 0% to 100% many times. Then I clean the tip and start painting for real.

The Badger 150 also has a very little "loose" in the trigger, controlling the air feels very easilly like it´s either ON or OFF. It took myself a while to find the area between them.

And finally, is there any chance that some paint has dried inside your brush, making it act funny?

Hope you will make it!

Toni
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 06:46 AM UTC
Hi Toni,

Yep, the screw is in place.

I am testing the airbrusch using water to get a feel of it, so I don't think the paint is to thick.

I have soaked the whole airbrusch in paintthinner en completly dismanteld if so I whas sure it was completly clean, no result

Ronny
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 09:50 PM UTC
YAHOOOO, I have got it ....... almost.

Yep now the damn thing is working: when I press the button only air comes out and when I pull air and paint comes out, yes yes yes.

But ........... when I just press the button, the air leaves the nozzle just fine, but when I also pull to get paint it leaves the nozzle in a pulsating way (why, oh why?)

snik, snik ..
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 09:58 PM UTC
Ahhh....Do you have a tank in the compressor? If not, you´re just not getting enough pressure. The air flows from a tank with a steady pressure, but if the compressor pushes the air out simultaneously as it generates pressure, it has a sort of hiccup effect on pressure...My Sagola 777 compressor (no tank) "works" that way sometimes when I try to use max pressure.

Toni
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 10:15 PM UTC
I have a tank so that is not the problem :-(

Boehooooooo
stavka2000
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 120 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 11:56 AM UTC
Dried up paint can sometimes cause this pulsing problem too. However if you have the same with water it might be an air leak between hose and tank or so. The effect of the tank is then negated.

I have a 150 but no tank, so I can't try and duplicate it.

Sorry.
 _GOTOTOP