_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
my new dio
panzerseba
Visit this Community
Vrancea, Romania
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:25 AM UTC
you can see one of my dio in my gallery
sory for the pictures quality, but i did them miself with a non profesional digital camera, an d is also the first time when i do this
The tank is italieri panther d, figures are from dragon - Totenkompf in Budapest 1945 and tank crew -the commander is a driver with modified arms a nd attached leggs
eveything all is scratch-build
any comments are wellcome
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,411 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:49 AM UTC
Panzerseba - Great Dio. Nice composure and action. A couple of things:

The Pather D would not be in Budapest 1945. The D's were converted to A's in '43-'44. By '45 the Pather would be a late A or G.

On the Panther - the crew would not have the travel lock on in a combat situation.

Rather than change everything one suggestion would be to change the weapons to K98's and MP-40's and call the dio Budapest 1943...
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:11 AM UTC
Great layout and buildings. The overall scene is really well done. Keep it up. I am no expert on German armor so I can't say whether the date for the dio is correct or not but I think the aerial on the panther may be bent a bit too much. Other than that, good attention to detail. Liked the stencilling on the panzerfaust.

Thanks for sharing efforts with us.

Shaun
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 01:53 PM UTC
You've got all the technical aspects going for you. You've done a good job on the layout and each technique - snow, figures, vehicle etc. Lots of detail, people love lots of that.

One thing you can try next time is to angle the layout with respect to the base. Have nothing running parallel to the base sides.
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 04:22 PM UTC
looks like a top notch dio. the figs look nice and the tank looks good as well. the buildings, rubble and street look great. you nailed them. the only thing i might suggest is to give the inside of the buildings a few dark washes. i think they look too clean. i imagine they would be pretty dirty if half the building fell down around it. other than that, this is a super dio. great job!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 04:38 PM UTC
Couple thoughts: Good composition and layout. Clear, consistent story.
Ditto on the antenna. I have never seen a picture/illustration of a WWII German tank with an antenna arched like that.
The close up of the guy with the panzerfaust...either drill out the sleeve a bit or paint the part that would be open a darker color to give it depth.
It looks like you might have some silvering on the numbers on the turret... a glossy coat before you add decal will help eliminate that.
You might want to add smoe tracks inthe snow wher your Panther just passed through, especially where you have snow stuck to the tracks.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:29 PM UTC
[quote]Panzerseba - Great Dio. Nice composure and action. A couple of things:

The Pather D would not be in Budapest 1945. The D's were converted to A's in '43-'44. By '45 the Pather would be a late A or G [quote]
no there were still some D's around in 45 I have a picture of a shot up one in upper sileasia in early 45 although it was rare to see them by this stage its possiable that some were still around from training units ect
panzerseba
Visit this Community
Vrancea, Romania
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 01:00 AM UTC
thank you all for your comments
 _GOTOTOP