Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell new Leo 1s
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 10:02 AM UTC
I'm building the new tooled Revell Leo 1s. Noticed a couple of holes to be opened in the top of the turret. One just aft of the gun mantle, on the TC's side. Other 2 are on the center line about mid way between the mantle and the hatches. (also the sprue for the Dutch version has an unused part that looks like a wind sensor. Anybody have any clues or rumors as to what variants Revell might have up their sleeves?
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 01:43 PM UTC
The Dutch first serie Leopard1 had no other parts on the turret top than the two crew access hatches, a periscope and a rounded bolt.
The third (?) serie had a wind sensor where in the first serie the bolt was.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 04:11 PM UTC
Where was the wind sensor? There are 2 places on the center line. One forward of the panel with the hatches. The other aft of it. When was the sensor added. Prior to the upgrade to Leo 1 V standard?
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 09:05 PM UTC
Take a read through this review on the Leopard Workshop site...in particular the "Other Versions" paragraph. It will likely answer your questions.

http://leopardclub.ca/reviews/Revell/Leopard_1_03240/KO/
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:13 AM UTC
That review covers the options for the Leo 1 kit. I know those. I'm building the kit. My question was what FUTURE versions of the Leo 1 does Revell have planned with pats that are not used and holes that are not opened? A5? Dutch V upgrade? AS-1? C-1?
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That review covers the options for the Leo 1 kit. I know those. I'm building the kit. My question was what FUTURE versions of the Leo 1 does Revell have planned with pats that are not used and holes that are not opened? A5? Dutch V upgrade? AS-1? C-1?

Any possible future releases...if they were planned...would have to be related to a cast turret version (but you would know that since you are building the kit as you stated). You can eliminate the AS-1, the C1, and any other WELDED turret version if it meant using the kit cast turret.

If Revell-Germany were inclined they would probably follow the foot steps of their previous Leopard 1 kits and by using the same basic cast turret and include add-on armour and other minor update parts to release the Leopard 1A1A1-A4A4 and the Leopard 1A5.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 03:35 AM UTC
I’ve built Revell´s new Leopard 1 and have the Leopard 1A1 as well. I think it’s not that difficult for them to get an A1A1-A1A4 and a V, they can use the retooled sprues of the Leopard 1A1, the dutch/belgian specific sprues of the Leopard 1 and tooling new turret armor plus the base for the dutch never installed thermal camera.

I think that both editions are nice kits for their price, but it’s neccesary to change the tracks, tow cables plus adding wire handles and you have a pretty nice rendition of the tank.

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP