Hosted by Darren Baker
Leo 1A5DK1 colors
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 10:12 AM UTC
Got Meng'a Leo 1A3/4, Legend's 1A5DK1 set, and Echelon's Black Recce Leopard decals. The decal info says the usual green is mixed with black on the recce tanks. Any clue as to what the usual green is .... FS or RAL #? Any thoughts on if RLM 70 might work?
Ludvig
Visit this Community
Denmark
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 12:30 PM UTC
For me the RLM70 looks alright, but you can try and ask the two users in here named KEO and Bobber.
They have a lot of expirience building Danish leopards
As an alternative you can buy the real Danish green from hataka and then mix it with black, i think the tankers used 1 part green to 9 parts black
AKirchhoff
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 304 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 01:39 PM UTC
Hi!

Pay attention with decals you mentionned! The "black" vehicles for which these are made (after my pictures) were not Leopard 1A5DK-1. These were 1A5DK only.

And regarding to the colours that you ask, I know about the discussion and arguments about the question if these vehicles were "black" or not. I have seen them both clean ("clean" as a tank can be) and dirty and from my point these were black. However, it is possible that this "black" might have been mixed from 95% black and 5% green, but it looked black.

I also have seen a picture of such Leopard from the same unit that was VERY clean and shown on an open day, and this vehicle had a camouflage pattern of black and black-green. However, the 4 vehicles that I have photographed did not spot this. They show the same colour, whatever it was, all over.

Andreas
 _GOTOTOP