_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Masterclub MTL35014 question
BunkerBuster
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2018 - 05:52 PM UTC
This set appears to be made for the early narrow sprockets. Does anyone own this set and can confirm it will fit an early Panzer III/IV narrow sprocket?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2018 - 06:57 PM UTC
Hmmm,
The early/narrow track is listed as 36 cm and the later/wider types are listed as 40 cm but those 40 cm appears to be measured outside of the track bolts so the actual track link is only 38 cm wide. On the other hand, if the same measuring fault is committed on the 36 cm track the result is 38 cm.
The later/wider track came in two or three different types and the first of these is also sometimes referred to as "early"

On the other hand, these are definitely the early narrow track used on the first types of Pz III / IV and StuG's:

/ Robin

Edit: See below. Final answer
Hangelafette
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 344 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 03:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This set appears to be made for the early narrow sprockets. Does anyone own this set and can confirm it will fit an early Panzer III/IV narrow sprocket?

Here is a picture of the track on an early Dragon Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.G (6639). I did not add the resin track pins but the fit is excellent.
Sergio777
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 05:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's a great set. Yes, it is suitable for Pz-III Ausf D,E,F and StuG III A. I installed these tracks on my Pz III F

_GOTOTOP