Progress on M1000 trailer, 1/72 WIP
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 02:39 PM UTC
Hi all,

long time ago I finished my M1070 HET and right now Im working on it‘s trailer. Both from Balaton Modell. The load will be an iraqi Mil Mi 25. It is just painted by airbrush so far, tires and weathering are to be done.

Please ignore my messed up working space :-)
Hope you like it.

Best regards,
Andreas

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 08:09 PM UTC
Looks good
and that workplace looks extremely tidy compared to mine
The contrast in weathering between the tractor and the trailer is really eye catching. If you haven't already decided on heavy weathering for the trailer (to match the tractor) I would suggest keeping the weathering on the trailer to a minimum. As if a worn and tired tractor had picked up a newly serviced and repainted trailer from the depot.
If you have been planning on a vehicle as load then the load could be dirty/worn and look as if it is the first load to scuff up the trailer and add the first dirt to the new paint job.

When everything is uniformly weathered and worn it just looks boring. This is my private opinion of course ....
/ Robin
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Armorama: 676 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 09:58 PM UTC
Andreas

this looks great love the work you've done!!

Ive got the same model and also balatons guntruck and apocalypse truck,

how was the fit on both the tractor and trailer?
mine is only washed atm so far but I had a few chipped pieces only minor though thankfully
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 01:57 AM UTC
Thank you Guys!

Robin, your idea sounds great! I will give it a try! Used truck, fairly new trailer and a beaten up load. Sounds nice! Thanks for this input!

Anthony, the fitting was „ok“. Had worse models and better ones. Especially aligning the wheels was tricky, both on the truck and trailer. Other than that, not really a problem.

Best regards,
Andreas
 _GOTOTOP