_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Doyusha ??
urumomo
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 675 posts
Armorama: 667 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 - 03:44 AM UTC
Who are these guys ?

https://hlj.com/product/dys40251
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 - 04:07 AM UTC
Doyusha has been around for quite a while, at least twenty years. They primarily made aircraft and ships way back when. They have also done knock-offs of other companies work, some of them not too bad. They are probably most famous for releasing a Zero, Frank and a Tony (I think) in 1/32 scale after the great Revell "lost molds" fiasco. They also released a 1/200 (or 1/144 747--can't remember they scale now, but it was a nice kit), and have released some Apollo launch vehicles and other spacecraft. I don't know anything about this kit, most of thier previous releases have been in the "indifferent range" of modeling-- not much close up detail and simplified construction. Rumor had it when I worked at a LHS several years ago that they had an arrangement with "Mini Hobby Model" which was notorious for making knock-offs of other folks work-- but that was just a rumor, and I think Doyusha is a completely legitimate company in itself.
VR, Russ
Constantine
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 - 04:21 AM UTC
Maybe re-pack Hobby Boss
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 - 05:51 AM UTC
I suspect these are re-boxings.

Doyusha Model CO LTD has been producing plastic models for some 45 years. While not as well known or big as giants Hasegawa and Tamiya, Doyusha models compare well with their products.

Their 1/32 Ki-84 and Zero where their own kits, as are many others, but I think they ended up re-boxing most of their offerings. I have a model magazine from 1969 or '70 showing off their Frank and Zeke, and that was before Revell kitted their Ki-61; for decades Doyusha's Frank was the only one in 1/32. They took over many of the Otaki models when Otaki went bankrupt.
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 - 07:31 AM UTC
Yes, this will be a re-box of someone’s kit, most likely Trumpeter/Hobbyboss. They’ve already re-boxed HB’s AAVP7-A1 with JGSDF decals.
TheLilPeashooter
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 - 08:47 AM UTC
Judging from the boxart it's likely to be an Hobbyboss rebox. I bought it a few months back. It's a decent kit, there's PE parts, individual tracks and zimmerit sheets. Decal options is quute limit tho.
urumomo
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 675 posts
Armorama: 667 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 - 07:18 PM UTC
Aight , Thanks .

... I preorder the MENG : https://hlj.com/product/MENTS-037

how can I go wrong on a new , Meng kit @ 35 bucks ?
Ringleheim
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 - 01:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Aight , Thanks .

... I preorder the MENG : https://hlj.com/product/MENTS-037

how can I go wrong on a new , Meng kit @ 35 bucks ?

I recently built the Meng Königstiger with the standard production turret and it was a nice build and made a good looking finished product.

I will probably get the "Porsche" turret as well.

_GOTOTOP