Hosted by Darren Baker
1/72 t26e3 pershing "spicy" cologne
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Armorama: 676 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 01:29 PM UTC
After looking at certain dates within the historical battles i came across the 6th march battle of cologne this is also my birthdate just not so far back ha. But i took an interest in the standalone fight and decided i wanted to depict the pershing and make it a blog

I want to depict spicy from 3rd armored division in cologne pershing 30119836 aka "spicy" i cant tell on pic but is the serial number on the side track guards or is that the name spicy written i cant tell from the angle of the pic.

Can anyone help as to what designation numbers are on the back of the pershing i can only make oit a number 3.

Would spicy be written anywhere? Im asuming the allied star will be displayed on the oposite hullside to the turret basket.

Thanks in advance for your help il post some pics soon of my starting progress on the lower hull.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 08:34 PM UTC
From the admittedly grainy photos I've seen, it looks like the side had the "30119836" serial above the second-to-last roadwheel, followed by some kind of shipping info text. On the rear the serial number was split "4+4" either side of the exhaust. I don't recall any clear unit markings or name in the pics I've seen of it from Cologne, but they could be added later...
 _GOTOTOP