_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Bronco: Turán III
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 01:54 AM UTC

Bronco Models has announced another Hungarian tank joining the ranks in the form of an Hungarian Medium Tank 43.M Turán III in 1/35th scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 06:59 PM UTC
looks interesting !
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 02:27 AM UTC
So what you were saying in the background piece was that it was a great gun in search of a tank, and by simply looking at it we can see that the search went on. Talk about an overly-complex and fragile-looking suspension. It was like all the lessons learned in the previous five years were ignored while the locals cobbled-together something that drove (sort of). Nonetheless an interesting-looking kit from a pure build perspective.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 03:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

looks interesting !

And the box art is very cool, too.

Having built the Zrinyi, I have to say the suspension is not a strong part of the model.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 05:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

looks interesting !

And the box art is very cool, too.

Having built the Zrinyi, I have to say the suspension is not a strong part of the model.

Yeah, the suspension is not great on the Zrinyi but as I am so happy about this tank actually being released in plastic, I'll just suffer through it. Yet another example of the amazing time we're in for armor modelers. Who would have thought we wouldn't just have a Turan in plastic, but we'd have all three marks?
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 08:25 PM UTC
You know what? You are right and I feel ashamed for complaining. 15 years ago there was only an OOP resin model available for the price of its weight in gold, and absolutely unavailable. Now we have Toldis and everything else available. In plastic.

And here I am complaining about the suspension.

(Suspension, by the way, is the bridge in the background. It is a suspension chain bridge.*)

*Sorry, I'll see myself out.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 08:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You know what? You are right and I feel ashamed for complaining. 15 years ago there was only an OOP resin model available for the price of its weight in gold, and absolutely unavailable. Now we have Toldis and everything else available. In plastic.

(Suspension, by the way, is the bridge in the background. It is a suspension chain bridge.*)

Another kind of suspension:

Wait Andras, I'll join you ...
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 03:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hell, don't do that! The suspension on their Zrinyi sucks and I for one will complain endlessly while I build it! Well, actually I just bought the SBS replacement set off of eBay. . .
romsits
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 02:14 AM UTC
Really, really hope cad images doesn't represent the actual kit. The lower front hull and turret armor layout is wrong as is the turret mg cover.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 10:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hell, don't do that! The suspension on their Zrinyi sucks and I for one will complain endlessly while I build it! Well, actually I just bought the SBS replacement set off of eBay. . .

Can I have a link please as I am having trouble finding the replacement undercarriage.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 05:15 AM UTC
Looking back at this one I see that I was being kind if everyone wants to ditch the original suspension and replace it with aftermarket. And those suspenders were pretty funny. I actually meant to say that the entire actual vehicle was rather implausibly odd-looking for something produced that late in the war with so much design work and field testing available as inspiration. It's like someone ignored everything after the mid-1930s and built the beastie in their garage with their handyman neighbor.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 05:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking back at this one I see that I was being kind if everyone wants to ditch the original suspension and replace it with aftermarket. And those suspenders were pretty funny. I actually meant to say that the entire actual vehicle was rather implausibly odd-looking for something produced that late in the war with so much design work and field testing available as inspiration. It's like someone ignored everything after the mid-1930s and built the beastie in their garage with their handyman neighbor.

Downfall of the Hungarian industry. They couldn't retool, development was already taking too long. So they did what was realistically possible. The Hungarians just wanted to license produce Panzer IVs but got stuck having to jerry-rig this thing in the garage with that handyman.

Just imagine those poor Japanese with a Shinto Chi-ha going up against T-34/85 in 1945. They had ignored everything until way too late too.

What gets me is that it's still riveted! Okay so the Germans won't turn over the plans for the Panzer IV, but couldn't they give them a welding torch?
 _GOTOTOP