_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Trumpeter Smerch options?
gloucesternige
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 11:24 PM UTC
Good evening..

I have both the Trumpeter and Meng Smerch and have decided to scrap the Trumpeter build as the whole rear end is off. The floor plates are wrong, the rocket tubes are like 1/32 scale and it just doesnt look right. If you'd like to see photo comparisons of Trumpy vs Meng I have some here I can post.

If you look at the Smerch from the side you'll see the tops of the tubes are pretty much level with the control room roof, well the trumpy kit puts them higher and wider.

I'm thinking of turning it into something else..

So, I have two questions..

Is the Panzershop crane conversion any good?

The Panzershop conversion says it's suitable for the Smerch or Scud kits but I cannot find a pic of the crane with the single Smerch left hand cab? Are Panzershop correct?
panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 1,513 posts
Armorama: 1,449 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 01:19 AM UTC
Zombie vehicle
Dan
gloucesternige
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 02:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Zombie vehicle
Dan

?????
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 03:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Zombie vehicle
Dan

?????

Post-apocalypse, mobile fortress to make your escape when the zombies attack your home.

Where there is a potential market there will be entrepreneurs ...

You get the general idea, sort of armoured truck meets mobile home. Possibly with weapons or the option to use rifles from under the cover of armour.
Armoured cabins up front, some sort of armoured passage back to the armoured mobile home in the rear.

I checked my copy of the PanzerShop crane and it does not include parts to make the right hand side front cabin ..

You could claim that someone put the crane on a chassis with only a single front cabin. Some artistic licence .....

Have you tried sending an e-mail to Libor (PanzerShop) and ask if the set can be used for the Smerch chassis? Maybe he has changed it to contain an extra cabin???

/ Robin
gloucesternige
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 11:25 AM UTC
Thanks once again for a complete and interesting reply Robin. You mention Libor as the owner of Panzershop, I will get in touch. He states on his site the kit is suitable for the Smerch or Scud.

I guess the Crane would also require the later wheels and tyres? Without looking in the box right now I’m not sure if the Smerch comes with later tyres?

I have the Meng resin ones, but they’re oh so tiny!!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 - 03:23 PM UTC
There is one (1) resin wheel included in the PzShop conversion, I guess it is supposed to be a spare wheel.
On my crane conversion it says that it is for the Trumpeter Scud, no mention of the Smerch. Maybe the current set is different?
/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP