_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
"Wreckers of Raqqa" my Syrian Diorama
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 03:15 PM UTC
Hi all,

well, i have been working on his project on and off for a quite a while, the bmp was part of a campaign about a year ago and the figures are from CMK, which i also completed at about the same time.

The building is from a german company and is cast in plaster, the quality of which could have been better in my opinion as there was lots of air bubbles and the road section that came with the kit was far to small to hold anything other than figures on it.

The accessories are from varied sources including Macone, MAIM and PLUS Models as well as Archet Transfers isis flags(which is a bone of contention for some). they were all painted using tamiya paints with occasional use of oil paints.

constructive feedback is most welcome as i feel the road section and side walk could do with some highlighting which is there but is to subtle and is wiped out under bright lighting.

In the last picture i have listed here i wanted to show the conflicting ideologies hence the reason you can see the isis flag but in the background you can see clear western symbols of Pepsi cola and 7up drinks on the advertisements above the shop doorway

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 04:07 PM UTC
Nice work ! Lots of nice little details going on there.
J
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 07:18 PM UTC
I really like it. Most pics of Syrian streets show some sand and or gravel laying about. I'd sweep some of that up between the pavement and the curb, that way the uniform look of the pavement will disappear. Keep going...
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 07:47 PM UTC
I agree with Greg. It is looking great so far, but is way too clean. There needs ti be some rubble and sand, dirt, etc. about.
 _GOTOTOP