_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: WWII Soviet Armor
For discussions related to WW2 era Soviet armor.
T-34 3D printed parts.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 08:27 AM UTC
I'm working on a OT-34 for the Workhorse Campaign and didn't want to get involved in the PE for the fuel tanks, so I whipped up a 3D print set to test. The way my luck has been going it will fail the printability test. If they work out I'll let everyone know. The one problem I'm worried about is the brittleness of 3D printed parts. One of my test parts crumbled into nothing today.

I also made up a few simple details for the Dragon model.

gharker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 09:27 AM UTC
That is some good stuff you have going on there. I was thinking of printing up a few parts myself.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 08:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That is some good stuff you have going on there. I was thinking of printing up a few parts myself.

Greg, good luck. I found some parts I could do in resin can't be done in 3D, at least not now.

Both of my sets came out ok. I am going to cast up the block of parts to see how they look, but will have the set up at Shapeways today.

I tested the fuel can holders and like how they look. I did have to remove the bent wire triangles as not printable, but the base came out nice. I'll have those up at Shapeways later today. This type is common on late 1943, 1944 and 1945 T-34's.

_GOTOTOP