_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
In case you missed it , from Meng
19sam68
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 10:23 AM UTC

9K37 BUK-M1 Air Defense Missile System

https://www.facebook.com/MENG-195290177250981/

Sam
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 12:22 PM UTC
Cool !!
Thanks for the heads-up
/ Robin
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 02:17 PM UTC
And, http://www.moxing.net/2018/0510/8984.html

This will be huge (as in, kit size - I don’t know about popularity).

postbusf
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 02:54 PM UTC
Relatives and friends from the 298 victims, regarding flight MH17 wil be thrilled.
No good memories about this kind of hardware.
I got some real mixed feelings regarding this offering.

Sorry, I wanted to get this of my chest.
So, lets move on!

Btw, I love Meng.
ijozic
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 03:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This will be huge (as in, kit size - I don’t know about popularity).

And in price as well, I guess. Unfortunately, being a fan of later Soviet stuff, it's one of those must-have kits for me.
mogdude
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 06:10 PM UTC
slobber,slobber,drool ,drool another 1k+ parts kit ?,I hope not ,I am still bogged down with their smerch
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 07:09 PM UTC
Depending upon the price, it will end as a Fimnish ItO96M in my shelf.
SDavies
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 979 posts
Armorama: 959 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 09:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Relatives and friends from the 298 victims, regarding flight MH17 wil be thrilled.

So, lets move on!

Btw, I love Meng.

Well I thought the same thing but it's just a plastic kit. I make German WW2 tanks because I am interested in them not because of the regime that made them.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 09:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So, lets move on!

Btw, I love Meng.

Well I thought the same thing but it's just a plastic kit. I make German WW2 tanks because I am interested in them not because of the regime that made them.

You could say the same thing about any military model kit. They are weapons of war. They have all killed lots of potentially innocent people. If you are hung up on this, maybe you should build car models instead.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 09:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So, lets move on!

Btw, I love Meng.

You could say the same thing about any military model kit. They are weapons of war. They have all killed lots of potentially innocent people. If you are hung up on this, maybe you should build car models instead.

I don't know about cars either. 80,000+ have died in vehicles the last two years combined in the US alone. Almost all models have at some point lead to the death of someone. If that is important to you from a hobby point of view then maybe this hobby is not for you.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 01:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So, lets move on!

Btw, I love Meng.

I thought the exact same thing when I opened the post early this AM. But as others have said, we model these items as technological subjects, not the philosophy behind why they exist.
VR, Russ
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 01:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"...Almost all models have at some point lead to the death of someone. If that is important to you from a hobby point of view then maybe this hobby is not for you."

... Geeze!!!!--- I hope that's not really the case almost all models have led to someone's death!!! Maybe from all the chemicals, paints and solvents?!?! It's true, I've cut myself pretty bad with an Xacto blade too, I guess I could have bled to death!! I don't know about you but I'm ready to quit right now if this information is true! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!).

VR, Russ
U-mark
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 02:20 AM UTC
I'm really getting to love Meng too. I'm finishing their T-90 w/dozer blade now, what a beautiful kit. Time to start saving my pennies for the ADS.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 03:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

"...Almost all models have at some point lead to the death of someone. If that is important to you from a hobby point of view then maybe this hobby is not for you."

... Geeze!!!!--- I hope that's not really the case almost all models have led to someone's death!!! Maybe from all the chemicals, paints and solvents?!?! It's true, I've cut myself pretty bad with an Xacto blade too, I guess I could have bled to death!! I don't know about you but I'm ready to quit right now if this information is true! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!).

VR, Russ

Well played sir. You did miss death by spouse for the amount of money spent.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

VR, Russ

Well played sir. You did miss death by spouse for the amount of money spent.

I have a pretty forgiving spouse-- I haven't been murdered in my sleep "yet"--- only minor hospitalization-- but yes, I guess that could count! now I guess we are really

Sometimes it pays to read what we've written before hitting the "send" button-- I'm very guilty of this too-- but your comment gave me a good laugh-- I just couldn't resist!
VR, Russ
Doodeck
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 10:33 PM UTC
And of course, Panda announced their Buk kit too...
U-mark
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 11:29 PM UTC
Panda's kit will no doubt be cheaper than Meng's and with a lower parts count. We will have to wait until release to find out which is more accurate, and more finely molded, but my guess is the Meng kit will be the better of the two.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 01:12 AM UTC
Patience, young and old Padawans!

Meng is coming out now, Panda in perhaps a month or so, Takom will be tooling soon, and.... Yeah, Trumpeter will slide one of these things out not to far from now, as well. I think Zvezda will come along eventually. So says my dingy, cracked, dark old crystal ball!

Trumpeter will shoot for highest part-count. Takom will shuffle in with a solid bid for detail and accuracy. And because there are actually versions of the BUK... Takom will offer versions. Trumpy, not to be up-staged, will follow suit. Meng may feel challenged and slide another version out. Panda will offer one kit, which will almost certainly win by price. Zvezda will offer a Big Russian with soft detail, lower parts-count, no PE to confound those who fear that stuff, and modest price. If T-55 kits are any predictive indicator... Eventually MiniArt will come out with a BUK with full interior. It will doubtless be pretty accurate, and it WILL come in a HUGE box. Maybe a 2500+ part kit! Not only NOT a weekend-build, but not even a 1-month build. Maybe some could get such a thing done in a year. Talk about "modeling pleasure" for your modeling dollar / Euro / etc.!

We all like choices. There will be some! regardless of which kit you end up with, once you do get it done , it will be a BIG thing on your shelf!

Bob
Beastmaster
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 592 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 01:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So, lets move on!

Btw, I love Meng.

Exactly and there's a dispute that it was even a Buk that shot it down. Look forward to this.
koalorka
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 46 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 07:08 AM UTC
I've often asked why the Kiev government assured the airlines that it was safe to operate in the area, and permitted commercial operators to fly over a warzone where in the weeks prior, military transports and combat aircraft were downed by advanced anti-aircraft systems?

In their callous arrogance to downplay the armed uprising, the Kiev government is complicit in the tragedy IMO.

Quoted Text

So, lets move on!

knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 07:54 AM UTC
Let’s discuss the merits, or not, of the kit, shall we?
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 09:09 PM UTC
Agreed. Try to keep to the model topic. I understand the emotional side of it, but that does not help with the discussions of the merits of the forthcoming kit.

I for one am very excited about having this kit out from MENG. Having all the SA series out would be awesome.
JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 - 01:10 AM UTC
It's just a plastic kit. Ok. Nice.

But the Joint International Criminal Investigation Team on the MH17 has just concluded their work and it's all quite clear. Crystal clear.

So no doubts. No fakes. No excuses.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 - 01:24 AM UTC
The Smerch has been collecting dust, in my closet. When I get around to building that, I may have to pick up one of these. The reviews/comparisons should be out, by then. I certainly hope it doesn't shoot down my su-27.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 - 01:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's just a plastic kit. Ok. Nice.

But the Joint International Criminal Investigation Team on the MH17 has just concluded their work and it's all quite clear. Crystal clear.

So no doubts. No fakes. No excuses.

Yes? The B-52, the Phantom (not the one from the opera, I mean the aircraft), Soviet/Russian weapon systems, US and NATO weapon systems, kitchen knifes, small arms and rifles et.c. and et.c. have killed a lot of people. The tobacco industry is killing a LOT of people (but they do it slowly) and modellers are still building racing cars with advertising by the tobacco industry on them. The automotive industry has already been mentioned in a previous post.
A suicidal German airline pilot flew a plane full of people straight into a mountainside in the Alps. School shootings around the world, mostly in the US. Spanish civil war.

I can sympathise with the immense sorrow felt by those who lost someone when MH17 was shot down. There are plenty of people around the world who has lost someone because of some violence or other the last few years.
I am certain that there are still quite a few survivors of the holocaust who are less than thrilled about all those models of Nazi-German war equipment being put on the market.

If someone wants to bring moral into modelling then please do it thoroughly and mention all the systems/weapons that need to be banned. I am sure that there are many bereaved relatives who are thrilled by models of SU-15's, the type of Soviet aircraft that shot down a Korean airliner in 1983.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007
"The incident was the deadliest airliner shootdown up to that point in aviation history, although its death toll would be surpassed by the United States Navy's downing of Iran Air Flight 655 less than five years later, and again by the shootdown of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 in July 2014."
Don't build any models of Ticonderoga-class cruisers ...

/ Robin

Edit:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/269153&page=1
Milk was called the "white poison" many years ago.
The reason was that milk which hadn't been heat treated,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasteurization
could spread tuberculosis which was a major killer.
"Milk is an excellent medium for microbial growth,[17] and when stored at ambient temperature bacteria and other pathogens soon proliferate.[18] The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says improperly handled raw milk is responsible for nearly three times more hospitalizations than any other food-borne disease source, making it one of the world's most dangerous food products.[19][20] Diseases prevented by pasteurization can include tuberculosis, brucellosis, diphtheria, scarlet fever, and Q-fever; it also kills the harmful bacteria Salmonella, Listeria, Yersinia, Campylobacter, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli O157:H7,[21][22] among others.

Prior to industrialization, dairy cows were kept in urban areas to limit the time between milk production and consumption hence the risk of disease transmission via raw milk was reduced.[23] As urban densities increased and supply chains lengthened to the distance from country to city, raw milk (often days old) became recognized as a source of disease. For example, between 1912 and 1937 some 65,000 people died of tuberculosis contracted from consuming milk in England and Wales alone.[24] Because tuberculosis has a long incubation period in humans, it was difficult to link unpasteurized milk consumption as the cause to the effect of disease.[25] In 1892, chemist Earnest Lederle experimentally inoculated milk from tuberculosis-diseased cows into Guinea pigs, which caused them to develop the disease.[26] In 1910, Lederle, then in the role of Commissioner of Health, introduced mandatory pasteurization of milk in New York city.[26]"

Those milk containers will surely please someone who has lost a relative due to bacteria from milk.

Time to take my medication I think ...
 _GOTOTOP