_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Italeri Sturmtiger
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 03:02 AM UTC
I am at the stage where the track is placed on the Italeri Sturmtiger. I placed in around the drive sprocket without a problem. The challenge now is to secure the upper pieces onto that of the drive sprocket. There is noticeable gap between these two segments. Can someone advise either the best way to close the gap or why it happened and how not to make it happen?
Thanks
DJ
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 08:21 AM UTC
I guess no one built this baby....
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 08:47 AM UTC
The only advice I can give at this point is check to make sure the drive sprocket and idler wheel are attached properly and not too far forward of where they are supposed to be. You can also check to see if you have enough links of track. If the instructions tell you there should be so many links per side and it dosen't reach I would question their counting. Hopefully they supplied you with extra links.

Unfortunatly I can't offer much more as I'm working on the Tamiya Sturmtiger and have used Fruil tracks for my kit.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:02 AM UTC
Haven´t built the Sturmtiger, but I have built the bergetiger, which also comes with link and length. And knowing Italeri they are probably the same molding. There were approx. 10 single links left over when I was finished. I used 7 of them as turret armor as an extra. If there is a gap, just place in one extra link. From what I remember it gives the amount of tracks to go arounf the sprocket ... maybe you started further back than you were supposed to. If that is the case .. use an extra single track at the top and cut one off from the length at the bottom.
This is just a stab in the dark ... hopefully we´re on the same wavelength. Maybe its an idea to post a picture of your set up if the above does not help.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
I believe I figured this out. The instrcution sheet indicates that you have to place ten blocks around the sprocket. There in lies the problem.. You have to assemble the straight track on the bottom first then work your way around the idler with individual tracks onto the top of the road wheels. Now, contrary to the instructions, you connect the straight portions to the rear pieces then use the individual tracks to connect the straight piece to the drive sprocket. If you follow the instructions you get this huge gap between the drive sprocket and the straight track. Pictures to follow.
thanks
DJ
 _GOTOTOP