_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
IBG Turans....same chassis???
DBaird
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 02:22 AM UTC
Hi friends. New here. Just purchased the IBG Turan III and was wondering if the chassis is the same as the Turan I? I can only find detail sets for the Turan I.
Thank you! Dave
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 05:20 PM UTC
Hi David

According to Wikipedia, the I, II, and III variants shared the same chassis...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40M_Tur%C3%A1n

H.P.
DBaird
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 08:58 PM UTC
Thank you, H.P.! I contacted IBG with no response and a few dealers who told me they just sell the kits, not build them. I figured if anyone knew, it would be a kind person on Armorama! I did check the NET but skipped over Wiki. Dah.
Dave

I should probably add that I purchased a book on Hungarian armor off Amazon almost two weeks ago but I we still haven't received it yet.
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 11:51 AM UTC
David, I have all three kits, and can confirm that they all contain the same sprues named E, D, G and A, it is just the turret sprues that are different. The Turan III also has the bigger etched sheet.
There is an Armorama review of the Turan I that includes sprue and instruction sheet shots.
Turan Review
DBaird
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 05:32 PM UTC
Thank you, Matthew! Glad to have that confirmed on the model-side as well!!! I placed my order for the detail set. As we say in Pittsburgh, younz guyz iz great'n nat!!

To add: I knew nothing about the existance of the Turans until a buddy on this forum who will remain anonymous (Bob) showed me a built one at a recent show here in Pittsburgh. What a revelation! An Axis vehicle I knew nothing about! Embarassing at first, but very intriguing since! As my buddy (Bob) said, too bad the Turan III really never made it into service. I love the looks of it!
 _GOTOTOP