_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T-34/76 "Kulebaki Zavod"
Scipio2010
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Armorama: 221 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 04:38 AM UTC
While on EBay I stumbled upon a 1/35 T-34/76 "Kulebaki Zavod" Turret Conversion kit from Panzer Art (Link below).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panzer-Art-1-35-T-34-76-Kulebaki-Zavod-Turret-Conversion-w-Barrel-RE35-277/201235762162?hash=item2eda960bf2:g:DdIAAOSwAL9Ug5-G

I found the turret to be interesting and it was something I was unfamiliar with. Unfortunately a quick Google search yielded little information.

Does anyone know what the story is on this turret? was it a prototype?
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 09:59 AM UTC
I looked at that set last week and also found nothing about it. It looks a little like the turret to the T-43 prototype, but I have not come across any pictures that show it on a T-34.

Oddly, there is nothing on the Panzer Art site about it. They also have a "hex" turret made from bent welded plates that has no history that I can find. Maybe some of our Russian friends can fill in the blanks for us.
norddzp
Visit this Community
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 11:14 AM UTC
At Krasny Sormovo (Plant 112), as in other plants, the work on making turret began with the use of Mariupol components, but a powerful foundry production allowed to immediately launch the production of its own turrets.

The Kulebak plant, Magnitogorsk, Kuznetsk metallurgical works and Novotagilsky metallurgical plant were determined as factories in this production area.

In 1942, the Kulebak plant produced 62 turrets for the T-34M, which did not go into the series. These turrets were much more difficult to manufacture, and not widely used. Nevertheless, ready castings were used on serial machines.

In the summer of 1942, STZ continued to receive castings of turrets from the Kulebak plant, where they were equipped according to the "Stalingrad" type.

So the Kulebak turrets could be shipped both on STZ and on Krasnoe Sormovo

I apologize for bad English - translated by google translator
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 10:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

At Krasny Sormovo (Plant 112), as in other plants, the work on making turret began with the use of Mariupol components, but a powerful foundry production allowed to immediately launch the production of its own turrets.

The Kulebak plant, Magnitogorsk, Kuznetsk metallurgical works and Novotagilsky metallurgical plant were determined as factories in this production area.

In 1942, the Kulebak plant produced 62 turrets for the T-34M, which did not go into the series. These turrets were much more difficult to manufacture, and not widely used. Nevertheless, ready castings were used on serial machines.

In the summer of 1942, STZ continued to receive castings of turrets from the Kulebak plant, where they were equipped according to the "Stalingrad" type.

Thanks for the information. So the answer is the turret is a prototype adapted to the T-34.
Scipio2010
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Armorama: 221 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 01:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dmytro,

Great information and don't worry about the translation. Thank you!
MCR
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 464 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 08:17 PM UTC
Nevertheless, ready castings were used on serial machines

I read this before but, unfortunately, I have yet to see any proof. A photo or factory documentation would be great if you know of any.
norddzp
Visit this Community
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 11:13 PM UTC
On the history of the Kulebak turrets- it turns out an interesting thing:
In his book Maxim Kolomiets - "The heirs of the thirty-four: T-34M, T-43, T-34-100, T-44" asserts that the release of the Kulebak turrets in April 1942 was not confirmed, including the plant's accounting documentation. and I'm inclined to believe it.
Below are photos of the wooden model and copies from archival drawings

According to the evolution of the T-34 turrets (with 76 mm gun), see the link (in Russian)
http://tank-t-34.blogspot.com/2010/11/34.html
This article copies information from the magazine Front Illustration T-34 from top to bottom. But in this series minor mistakes are made.
Later these issues were republished in Poland wydawnictwo militaria t-34 in a bilingual version (English / Polish).

I have this turret from PanzerArt. I can make an review.
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 01:47 AM UTC
Yes, please do.
 _GOTOTOP