_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
British armour
bod126
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 08:11 AM UTC
hi, im looking for a 1/35th afv432 kit does any one know or have 1 to sell?

also i have some small detail tips for the warrior afv depending how detailed you want to get ( and from reading the posts u like detail!)

on the tracks the edge of 1 link is painted red this helps the crew know where to knock em out for track bash

on the rear door there is usually a small painted white box with 2 or 3 black stripes running down it this is for the convoy blackout

oh yeah and all fuel caps are yellow and the rear door indoor sill is also in yellow black hatching as are the tips of handles etc ..i suppose most of u are sucking eggs by now but if you need any info on british cam i have the manual i will try to put on here!

many thanxs ross
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 08:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

on the tracks the edge of 1 link is painted red this helps the crew know where to knock em out for track bash

I don't know the answers to the British armor, but usually when tankers are "walking track" (checking the wear on track blocks and for dead track shoes), they usually mark the bad ones with paint so they know which ones to change. It is easier to change a bunch of them at the same time. They also mark the first track they check so they know when to stop.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 08:27 AM UTC
Hi,

Accurate Armour does a FV 432 kit if I'm not mistaken. Welcome aboard

Captain Jack
bod126
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 08:31 AM UTC
bad tracks were not allowed any of them!..lol
bod126
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 08:36 AM UTC
thanx capt jack great site ive only just restarted building kits and in a couple of visits ive already discovered loads of top tips, keep up the good work!

cheers Ross
Dubanka
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 10:09 AM UTC
I agree with Sabot's post.
when checking track we mark it, and bad ones get a nice pretty color (whatever is available)

we also use a stick, rag, or whatever to mark where we started...they all tend to look alike
John
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 03:59 AM UTC
Hi there
The Accurate Armour Fv432 kit has been withdrawn for Reworking of the master.I only found out about this because i ordered one.it has since been put on their website as oop pending reworking.The only place you may find one is via ebay.
HTH
regards
Peter
 _GOTOTOP