_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Meng BUK
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 11:55 PM UTC
Two posts, on FB show that Meng's BURK will have operable turret and tracks/suspension.
mogdude
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 459 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 09:23 AM UTC
with that being said I guess its going to be a high parts count model, I for one would like to see the mfgs go to lower parts count models I dont need interiors or working suspensions (so I could finish more of them) heck Tamiya puts out great models with lower parts count and their detailing has not suffered much, oh well just wishful thinking I will end up with one anyways it looks great
RicardoH
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 01:43 AM UTC
I'm not an expert in these weapon systems so I was wondering which time frame does the Meng kit fits in. Anyone knows?
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 03:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not an expert in these weapon systems so I was wondering which time frame does the Meng kit fits in. Anyone knows?

Present day. The system was used to shoot down Malaysia Air Flight 17 back in 2014.
Black_sheep
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 03:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Present day. The system was used to shoot down Malaysia Air Flight 17 back in 2014.

The shoot down is highly disputed. No one saw the trail a ground-air-missile would have produced. Instead there were heard two aircraft in the air. Some experts are sure the plain was hit by an AA-rocket first and then the cockpit was shot at with an automatic gun to kill the cockpit crew. The punctured wholes of the outer cockpit skin can bee seen at different videos. You can clearly see projectile holes of gunfire. One ukrainian pilot who returned from its flight said "it was the wrong plane!". The pilot already committed suicide and can not be asked further. The ukrainians confiscated the datas from the tower. I am sure the aircraft was shot down accidently but not from russians. NATO and the russians do know what really happened as the airspace of this crisis area will surely be controlled carefully with radar and satellites. I just donīt know why neither side show the real proofs to the public...

If people would know how sausages and politics are made they could not sleep anymore (Bismarck)
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Present day.

I'm not sure it is really present day per say. The Meng kit lists it as a 9K37M1 Buk-M1; fielded in 1983. I'm sure it has been updated over the years, but the latest version is the 9K37M1-2 Buk-M1-2; fielded in 1998. I have no idea what would be needed to bring it up to M1-2 standards though.

JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The shoot down is highly disputed. No one saw the trail a ground-air-missile would have produced. Instead there were heard two aircraft in the air. Some experts are sure the plain was hit by an AA-rocket first and then the cockpit was shot at with an automatic gun to kill the cockpit crew. The punctured wholes of the outer cockpit skin can bee seen at different videos. You can clearly see projectile holes of gunfire. One ukrainian pilot who returned from its flight said "it was the wrong plane!". The pilot already committed suicide and can not be asked further. The ukrainians confiscated the datas from the tower. I am sure the aircraft was shot down accidently but not from russians. NATO and the russians do know what really happened as the airspace of this crisis area will surely be controlled carefully with radar and satellites. I just donīt know why neither side show the real proofs to the public...

If people would know how sausages and politics are made they could not sleep anymore (Bismarck)

Pure BS.

We had enough fake news out of Armorama, now we have to "enjoy" these here?

The internacional Joint Investigation Team (JIT) has been quite clear: the airliner was shot down by a 9M38 missile launched from the BUK-TELAR self-propelled gun from an agricultural field in the area of Pervomaisk. At that time, the region was under the control of Russian occupation forces.

https://www.om.nl/onderwerpen/mh17-crash/@103196/update-criminal-0/

arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:22 AM UTC
Not this again. I am thinking of building one just to trigger some fake news folks.
Now on to finishing my stalled build log...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:36 AM UTC
Let's try to stick to the model and not "who shot who".
RussianArmor
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 96 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Let's try to stick to the model and not "who shot who".

I'll second that.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 - 10:41 AM UTC
Sorry, wasn't trying to stir the pot with my post but to show that the system was used recently.
RicardoH
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 12:07 AM UTC
Hi guys,

we are building war machines and we all know what are they used for. We all realise that what happened in 2014 was a tragedy, regardless of who fired what. This is all very recent and I'm sure some of us have strong opinions about the incident, but let's keep it out of this modelling forum.

My question about this specific Meng kit is if this represents an early version of the Buk (SA-11) or a more modern one (SA-17). Basically, in very simple and generic terms, is this kit "Soviet" or "Russian"?
RussianArmor
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 96 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 01:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys,

we are building war machines and we all know what are they used for. We all realise that what happened in 2014 was a tragedy, regardless of who fired what. This is all very recent and I'm sure some of us have strong opinions about the incident, but let's keep it out of this modelling forum.

My question about this specific Meng kit is if this represents an early version of the Buk (SA-11) or a more modern one (SA-17). Basically, in very simple and generic terms, is this kit "Soviet" or "Russian"?

It's definitely an SA-11. Here is what the SA-17 would look like:
http://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_missile_system_vehicle_uk/sa-17_grizzly_buk-m2_9a317e_missile_technical_data_sheet_specifications_description_pictures.html
 _GOTOTOP