_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiger II - design changes timeline website
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 04:02 PM UTC
A while ago , when I didn't need it , I came across a site which had a design timeline for Tiger II production . You know the kind of thing , vehicle # had pistol ports and Tiger I exhausts . Vehicles # had welded pistol ports , Tiger II exhaust , 18 tooth sprocket , etc . IRC it also listed which vehicles went to which Panzer Division and when . Does anybody know this website ? I find myself now having 3 28mm Bolt Action Tiger IIs to build and would like to figure out where in the production timeline the kits fit and what units I can assign them to . Thank you
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 04:25 PM UTC
Is this it?:

http://www.theresearchsquad.com/index.php/animations/king-tiger-timeline/
wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 06:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A while ago , when I didn't need it , I came across a site which had a design timeline for Tiger II production . You know the kind of thing , vehicle # had pistol ports and Tiger I exhausts . Vehicles # had welded pistol ports , Tiger II exhaust , 18 tooth sprocket , etc . IRC it also listed which vehicles went to which Panzer Division and when . Does anybody know this website ? I find myself now having 3 28mm Bolt Action Tiger IIs to build and would like to figure out where in the production timeline the kits fit and what units I can assign them to . Thank you

Jim

There's also a good timeline in David Parker's book "Super King".

Regards

Rob
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2018 - 12:49 PM UTC
Thanks shell , that's the site I'm looking for . And thanks for the heads up on the book Rob
 _GOTOTOP