Hosted by Darren Baker
Periscope Colour on Leclerc T6 ...
pbennett
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 464 posts
Armorama: 412 posts
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:27 AM UTC
I am currently building a small-scale kit of the Leclerc T6. Does anyone know whether the periscope lenses and other optics on ths tank have an anti-laser coating? Studying various photographs (even close-ups), I can see no evidence of this ... normally there is a shift in colour on the lenses (red, orange, purple etc) depending on how the light reflects off the surface. All I see are dark patches (with minimal reflection) ... perhaps the lenses are in fact coated, and the lack of colour due to them being is shade.

Another query ... the long rectangular box strapped to the top of the main gun (just in front of the mantlet) ... I assume this is an optical device. There is a short tube projecting from the front of the box ... presumably not a machine-gun barrel.
pattesmaq
Visit this Community
Haute-Alpes, France
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2018 - 08:27 PM UTC
Hello
to answer your first question the episcopes are anti-laser treated the color is difficult to see sometimes we can see purple reflection. for your second question the box above the barrel (mantelet) was equipped with the arcumetre which allowed to calculate the arcure of the tube that was replaced by an onboard fire simulator
here is
A +
 _GOTOTOP