Hosted by Darren Baker
Dingo 2A2
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 09:06 PM UTC
I just got a RoG Dingo2A2 kit for dirt cheap. I'm leaning towards a Czech vehicle in Afghanistan. US, Bundeswehr, and New Iraqi sand / tan look too pale. The Czech Dingos look more yellowish. (Paint used by the Turks on their Leos is way too dark/ orangish. ) I'm thinking , maybe British Sand from the first Gulf War. ???? Another possibility is Austrian Army, EUFOR/ Tchad. Do they use NATO green? (looks darker in photos) Also , did they have the EUFOR emblem on the doors? (Only found two photos. One is not definite. Other , no markings.)
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 11:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Another possibility is Austrian Army, EUFOR/ Tchad. Do they use NATO green? (looks darker in photos) Also , did they have the EUFOR emblem on the doors? (Only found two photos. One is not definite. Other , no markings.)

Full size

Full size

H.P.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 01:49 PM UTC
Thanks. Frenchie. I was hoping to find proof of the EUFOR marking like on the disabled Land Cruiser. (I have that left over from the Italeri Lince kit.) I might use some "artistic Licence". Still trying to figure out the colors for the Austrian and Czech rigs.
rtunk
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 05:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks. Frenchie. I was hoping to find proof of the EUFOR marking like on the disabled Land Cruiser. (I have that left over from the Italeri Lince kit.) I might use some "artistic Licence". Still trying to figure out the colors for the Austrian and Czech rigs.

Hi! For more infos regarding the Austrian Army involvement in Tchad (including pictures), check out the Austrian Army website: http://www.bundesheer.at/ausle/eufor_tschad/galerie_uebersicht.php
Regards
Rainer
 _GOTOTOP