Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 - 06:16 AM UTC

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 - 06:20 AM UTC
Forgot to say that's Dragon kit with Ceasar figure in front of a wallpaper image.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 03:17 AM UTC
Now that is and in my experience was an interesting kit to build and Dragon did a fine job with that rather complicated suspension. Having an interesting backdrop can always add to a models' pictures and I've tried it on and off in the past but we don't always have an appropriate scene.

I've reviewed this kit in the past and please forgive the shameless plug but those interested can find it at Neubau-Fahrzeug Nr. 3-5 review.

NBz-1 by Jan Etal, on Flickr

Cheers,
Jan
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 04:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Having an interesting backdrop can always add to a models' pictures and I've tried it on and off in the past but we don't always have an appropriate scene. ;

Cheers,
Jan

Just Google some free Wallpaper downloads. Display them on your computer screen and prop up your model to photograph:

Sometimes there is a color difference between the wallpaper image and foreground model. That's why I posted my above vehicle in B/W. Also good to use a tripod for long exposure/ greater depth of field.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just Google some free Wallpaper downloads. Display them on your computer screen and prop up your model to photograph:
Sometimes there is a color difference between the wallpaper image and foreground model. That's why I posted my above vehicle in B/W. Also good to use a tripod for long exposure/ greater depth of field.

A very good and simple little tip. I can very much see there being some colour issues between one's creation and an image. Using a tripod should always be a given and you might also consider importing/downloading a free image to a photo manipulation programme that might allow you to "fine tune" its colour.

Cheers,
Jan
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:25 AM UTC
...although giving it that WW2 black and white grainy effect tends to iron out most of the colour mismatch.

I like it, very dramatic.
Both NbFzs look great actually.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 11:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... and you might also consider importing/downloading a free image to a photo manipulation programme that might allow you to "fine tune" its colour.

Cheers,

I think it's more likely due to the warmth of the light I was using to illuminate the foreground subject.
 _GOTOTOP