_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
New pics uploaded
Florre
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 980 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:26 PM UTC
Hello!

I've uploaded some photo's I took last week-end. The quality is quite poor, they're too dark, but you can see the model, so no problem :-)
My last creation is this SdKfz 223. I'm planning to add one of the crewmen, leaning against his vehicle or something like that. The way the dio is now, the 223 has no function except mere background.
The lay-out is a bit unlucky, the tree in front (in fact, to the left) of the 223 disturbs a bit. Apart from that, there are lots of other small flaws in it, but I like it as a whole.

Please have a quick look in my gallery at some other recently added (but older) models : p-51 and Luchs.

Any comments welcome!

As you can see I tried to put two photo's (from my gallery) here, but it doesn't seem to work. Help?? What am I doing wrong?
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 11:07 PM UTC
hi Florre,
first of all lets solve the problem on red cross.the problem is it seems you copy and paste the address on the adress bar for the pictures.that is wrong. right click on the photo you want to show here and click on properties,copy that ..then click on img button and paste between marks.your photos will be here as this

I liked your models so much and especially your diobases. the groundwork and the trees on the 223 diorama is superb. congrats
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 11:20 PM UTC
I have to backup what Brother Engin said . The scene in the middle of the forest is very nice , i like a lot the groundwork, setup and the models - figures. Nice leeves work on the ground. What are the big trees made of ?

Keep up the good work
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 03:36 AM UTC
That is indeed some realistic groundwork. What "ingredients" did you use for it... I think I can see some berch-seeds, but what is the rest made of ?

Very nice dio !
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 05:46 PM UTC
As everyone already said, the ground work is awesome, the trees are verry nice, but they seem to be too big for the base. What did you use for the leaves on the ground?
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 06:04 PM UTC
I don't think I have ever seen any groundwork like that, that's original
Florre
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 980 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 03:46 AM UTC
Thanks everyone for the comments, and thanks Graywolf for the tip :-)
Well, the leafs are made of what they should represent : leafs. In autumn I took a bunch of leafs of different coulours out of the garden. I let them dry for a long long time. After that I grinded them up, till I had a size corresponding to the scale. That's it, no birch seeds.
The trees are made of balsa dowels. I added some pieces of tooth-picks to represent the roots. Then I covered this with plaster bandage. This way the trees get very nice roots, that smoothly run from the bark into the ground. Also the bandage gives a less smooth surface to the trees.
After this dried i covered the trees with Keraquick, an instant terracotta powder I use for my groundwork. I used a brush for this, a rather thick one.
After that some heavy washes with raw umber and burnt sienna, some drybrushing here and there, and with green pastels I represented the lichens growing on the barks, on all trees in european forests concentrated on one side, namely the westside.
(as you probably already thought, the trees are props, I didn't make them all the way)

Done!
 _GOTOTOP