_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Paladin interior details
Cheyenne56a
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 09:48 AM UTC
I'm thinking of a dio with a M109A6 ina firing position but I can"t find that many pics of the hull door open in the rear and so far no AM interior detail sets. I plan on scratch building the interior of the door and the immediate area inside the lower hull. Any suggestions or sources of images would be greatly appreciated.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:50 AM UTC
Black Dog makes a very nice interior set for the hull you could use for a start. The panel lines of the photo-etched floor are not correct, but few people will ever notice it, unless of course you served in one.

You could scratch the interior easily enough. This is not an A6 interior, but you get the idea.

For the turret, you're on your own, although there used to be a set for the earlier variants from which you could use the turret drive assembly, breech and auto loader. Again, you could scratch the interior, but trust me, after doing three A6 interiors, I can tell you it's not easy with all of the plumbing. Here was the start of the bustle stowage racks:

Here's the inside of the rear door from my walk around.

For a live fire, replace the Gatorade bottle with fuze boxes. They're just OD ammo cans.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 09:32 PM UTC
Primeportal has some interior shots :

http://www.primeportal.net/artillery/cam_alldredge/m109a6_paladin/index.php?Page=1

A few more on SVSM.org :

http://svsm.org/gallery/m109a6?page=2

H.P.
 _GOTOTOP