_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Vignette "This little piggy..." - pictures
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 05:40 AM UTC
Well, here it is, this vignette represents a russian spetsnaz sniper somewhere in Chechnya in 1999, it was my first (i think not best) tryout to change original figure pose into something else... i also failed to do the Dragunov sniper as i should, well, hopefully next time ill do better

here it is:

U can see more pics if u click on my web page link (picture in my signature).

all critics and comments are most welcome!

greetings
Mirko
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 01:41 PM UTC
Overall its a nice vignette the snow looks good I think you did a great job. The only thing I see is the taller trees in the back could use a few more limbs to make them fuller but if youre happy that all that counts.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 03:54 PM UTC
I think a speztaz sniper would be better camouflaged. A green uniform in winter is a sure give away aw well as un uncovered gun.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 07:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think a speztaz sniper would be better camouflaged. A green uniform in winter is a sure give away aw well as un uncovered gun.

yup, i thought of that, but in the time i did that vignette, 3 months ago. it was my first fig ever, so didnt know how to make camouflage uniforms, so i decided for simple "anti terrorist, all black"

anyway, thanks for ur critics, ur apsolutely right about it and im grateful to you
next time i will do it better
Sensei
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 09:43 PM UTC
Nice little vignette Sensei. The sniper conversion looks good too. Dont know what it was converted from, but the finished figure looks good. The snowy vegetation all around looks very impressive and realistic. As already mentioed the larger trees at the back let the scene down a little. Would have been better to use some roots with more branches. Good effort and we all learn from each model we make, so the be proud of what you have made and the next one will be even better.
A nice change of subject matter also. Its not often we see Russian spetsnaz snipers. Good luck.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 02:10 AM UTC
Thank you for comments, i know about the trees, but since vignette is no longer with me as i said, its too late to change them anyway i am proud of the work, if nothing else it inspired me to do some others

The fig is Conversion of all 4 figs form ICM set of spetsnaz soldiers from Kosovo.

and im glad if i brought a freshness in the ideas im close to finish a modern dio with Leopard 2 A5 KFOR and 4 US soldiers in peace mission in Kosovo 1999. Full photo story will be on my site when i do it ofc, ill inform u all when that happens

Sensei
 _GOTOTOP