_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Help with water
Walleye2112
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 05:00 AM UTC
Hello--working on my first diorama with a water scene and used Woodland Scenics Deep Pour Murky product. I followed the directions carefully and mixed the water base and activator as instructed. In the mixing cup the liquid did not have any bubbles whatsoever but soon after pouring a huge number of tiny bubbles appeared throughout the water. I used a straw to try and pop the bubbles, but they remained. Does anyone have any ideas on what may have happened? Thanks.
azadro
KitMaker: 47 posts
Armorama: 46 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 05:25 AM UTC
as it cures it generates heat, that causes bubbles....
you cant fix it if its hard.... next time use Magic water or enviro tex lite. if bubbling still happens than you need to go over the resin with a heat gun, that eliminates the bubbles.…...
jekrott
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 485 posts
Armorama: 353 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 07:18 AM UTC
Was just wondering if maybe you poured a little to much all at once.It might be better to pour smaller doses and build up the depth.Ley us know how you make out.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:33 AM UTC
Both answers above are correct, and using a blow dryer is a good solution, but with Envirotex light and Woodland Scenics materials, you can also just blow gently across the surface. Exhaled CO2 will also get rid of the bubbles. But a hair dryer on the lowest setting is probably easiest.
VR, Russ
Walleye2112
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 02:48 AM UTC
Thanks for the information! I will be completing a test run of the same product soon and will use the recommendations offered. Really appreciate the help offered here.
 _GOTOTOP