_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
CSM: Lanchester Camo Mask
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 10:49 PM UTC

Available from Copper State Models is a paint mask to finish your Lanchester build in a Belgian camouflage scheme.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 02:57 PM UTC
And -naturally- if you have a Lanchester you'll need the detail sets, masks, etc to make it special. Pretty involved.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 08:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And -naturally- if you have a Lanchester you'll need the detail sets, masks, etc to make it special. Pretty involved.

Buying that Lanchester kit starts to feel more and more like getting into some kind of subscription

I guess I should feel lucky that my broken down compressor has prevented me from finishing the kit. The assembly work was getting close to finished when I became aware of the PE-set. Now the chosen PE-parts are in place and it is ready for painting. The wheels are assembled but not glued in place so I can still find a use for the wheel upgrade set.
I haven't made the final decision about the "livery" but that Belgian camo is tempting (and daunting .....).
By the look of the camo mask it seems that it has been designed for the correct roof height.
The roof part, i.e. the plate holding the turret, has an extra edge above the bevelling. This results in slightly less than a millimetre of extra height above the bolts that joins the sides and the roof. The camo mask seems to end just above the bolts.

/ Robin
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 - 07:39 AM UTC
Robin, I feel your pain, but at least the options are there. The only thing sadder than a good kit that doesn't have the options advanced modelers want is one that needs improving but has no options.

I always buy all the extras, which deflates my budget and makes me a slow builder, but c'est la vie des maquettes.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 - 09:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Robin, I feel your pain, but at least the options are there. But the only thing sadder than a good kit that doesn't have the options advanced modelers want is one that needs improving but has no options.

I always buy all the extras, which deflates my budget and makes me a slow builder, but c'est la vie des maquettes.

There is no pain involved in this
it would have been nicer to know about it in advance though.
My problem with kits is that the "extras" "needed" to improve them sometimes go out of production before I get around to buying them
/ Robin
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 04:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... it would have been nicer to know about it in advance though.
My problem with kits is that the "extras" "needed" to improve them sometimes go out of production before I get around to buying them
/ Robin

Agreed. It's why I always order the "goodies" with the kit.
 _GOTOTOP